Canyon, turning up on time?

Welsh_Tom
Welsh_Tom Posts: 571
edited July 2011 in MTB general
I orded my Canyon back in june, I was given a date of w/c 27 for delivery.

Well its w/c 28 and it has still not been sent, after 3 e-mails, and 1 phone call, all I get out of them is its going to be shipped "this week"

What "this week" refers to I am not sure.

Anyone eles have this problems?

(So, yes its only a week you may say but been you been waiting for 6 weeks its starting to take the pee)

Comments

• one issue with all shipping delivery orders is that they need enough stock to ship otherwise it isnt worth their while.

point is, they not going to ship just your bike in the shipping container even though that be pretty cool 8)

so all dates for shipping are estimated based on how much stock they selling when you ordered so if they not selling as much then they will wait before it worth their while to send a container to UK with your bike in it.

hope this helps, i have had issues before with shipping and estimated dates.

though if it doesnt arrive within 7-14 days of date given then id be on the phone
    London2Brighton Challange 100k!
    http://www.justgiving.com/broxbourne-runners
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Pleasures of buying online from a different country.
    Think of all the money you are saving.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Growmac
    Growmac Posts: 117
    Mine turned up on time, but I did partly base my order on what was available. Anything else is presumably just a best guess depending on stock coming in.

I don't buy the shipping container argument, ours arrived by courier, as presumably do all of them.
    1994 Clark Kent F12; 2004 Mount Vision; 2011 Canyon AM 7, 2012 Canyon Torque FRX 6, a unicycle and a Brompton.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    One learns to ignore Mr Blacksheeps ramblings.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    Blacksheep might be getting a tad confused...

The bikes will be in a container on a ship from Taiwan or wherever Canyon's are built

Once in Gemany they will then be couriered out to customers, Cube use this method too, all the bikes are couriered out from the main European Distribution Centre in Holland, none of them arrive in this country in a container.

Oh Welsh_Tom I suspect that the bike you're waiting for is suffering the same week's delay as some of the Cube's we're waiting for, they may well be on the same container ship which is a week late to due bad weather en route
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • jimpy
    jimpy Posts: 31
    My AM 7.0 turned up a week late. UPS managed to lose it for a week. I gave up phoning canyon uk and contacted UPS myself. They initiated a missing search and found it battered and bruised at another depot to where it should have been.
    It's definitely worth the wait. Canyon have even put up £40 pounds for a safety inspection at LBS after I emailed them a picture of the battered bike guard box it came in.
  • Reckless
    Reckless Posts: 17
    Mine was less than two weeks late.

Friend ordered a bike from a lbs, and was several weeks late.

Don't worry. My take is that they are reliable - probably just creaking under the strain of the fantastic reviews they've been getting.

Well worth the wait!
  • AMcK
    AMcK Posts: 79
    I didn't have any problems with delivery - aside from Canyon changing the delivery week following a problem with a component supplier - but they emailed me well in advance to explain the issue and confirm the amended delivery week etc, and then everything was delivered to that schedule.

That was back in April though - a mate ordered his after riding mine, and he had to chase on delivery a couple of times as hadn't heard anything by the time it was due to arrive (June).

I reckon it's down to the increased demand/orders generated by the reviews all their models have been getting this year, and they're struggling to cope with that demand/or keep track of comms.
    2011 Black Canyon Nerve XC9.0
  • getonyourbike
    getonyourbike Posts: 2,648
    cooldad wrote:
    One learns to ignore Mr Blacksheeps ramblings.
    true
  • Welsh_Tom
    jimpy wrote:
    My AM 7.0 turned up a week late. UPS managed to lose it for a week. I gave up phoning canyon uk and contacted UPS myself. They initiated a missing search and found it battered and bruised at another depot to where it should have been.
    It's definitely worth the wait. Canyon have even put up £40 pounds for a safety inspection at LBS after I emailed them a picture of the battered bike guard box it came in.

dont own a volvo by chance do you :?:

yar i am chilled now, i was just getting peed off a little as it was almost 2 weeks late, but i guess its just to many orders, just hope when it does get here it will be in working order :lol:
  • jimpy
    jimpy Posts: 31
    welsh_tom - black volvo XC90, think i bumped into you in the car park at cwmcarn.

it will be well worth the wait, since cwmcarn i have ridden whites level a couple of times. going down it is fantastic, turned me into a much better rider than i really am. biggest surprise is how it climbs, just dial the talas to 120 and it climbs like a mountain goat. much better than my stolen stumpy it replaced.
  • Hi.
    I have ordered a nerve am 7.0 i was told that the delivery date would be week 29 (which is 18-25th of July). Does that mean i can expect the bike in that week or does that mean it will be posted in that week? Canyon say allow 8 days for posting. :?
    Also i have paid for mine by debit card but it has not been debited yet.
    So for you fellow canyoners, what should i expect and have i anything to worry about? Cheers
  • Welsh_Tom
    Jimpy. So happy its still working great for you. Can not wait now. Scott. My delivery date was w/c 27. Its the end of w/c 28 now, and its ment to come today. It was sent 2 days ago.