Glentress saturday 16th

an_original_name
an_original_name Posts: 339
edited July 2011 in MTB rides
any one who feels like joining me is more than welcome. probably going to ride the red with a few push ups of spooky woods and then play in the freeride park for a while if i have time. not sure what time i'll be there, but probably between 10 and 11am set off.

Comments

• Muttly1981
    Muttly1981 Posts: 815
    3 of us heading up friday for 3 days, it's the first time we'll have been and funny enough we had planned to ride the red on saturday. We're camping in Peebles but aiming for a 10am start just look out for 2 Commencal Meta 5.5's one red, one white (i'll probably be in full Royals gear) and a Kona Caldera but I must warn you i'm rubbish when it comes to climbing i was designed for going fast down hills :D
    What if your dreams and fears existed in the same place? What if to get to heaven, you had to brave hell? What if everything you've ever wanted cost you everything you've ever achieved? Would you still go there?
  • Its a Cadabra not a caldera :wink:
    Bianchi. There are no alternatives only compromises!
    I RIDE A KONA CADABRA -would you like to come and have a play with my magic link?
  • Muttly1981
    Its a Cadabra not a caldera :wink:

I knew it began with C
    What if your dreams and fears existed in the same place? What if to get to heaven, you had to brave hell? What if everything you've ever wanted cost you everything you've ever achieved? Would you still go there?
  • Twisterboy
    Twisterboy Posts: 311
    If I was not at a wedding Friday and Saturday I would have been up for this.

But I will be going down for my first time to Glentress very soon.

David
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Think I will be there but digging oles more than riding bikes. But if you see us say hi.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Bike Bloke
    Bike Bloke Posts: 172
    Weather looks lovely indeed! Think I'll be there for the Thunderstorms on Sunday :) Enjoy!
  • Muttly1981
    Quick warning its absolutely pouring down with rain up here this morning just hope it clears up
  • Bike Bloke
    Muttly1981 wrote:
    Quick warning its absolutely pouring down with rain up here this morning just hope it clears up

The trails are usually ok despite rain, they clear it well - baring Pennels Vennel...
  • Muttly1981
    Bike Bloke wrote:
    Muttly1981 wrote:

The trails are usually ok despite rain, they clear it well - baring Pennels Vennel...

Even after the amount of rain it put down today easily ranks as the best days riding I've ever had, did a loop of the red then blue and am suffering a little but mygod I can't wait to get back and ride here again, I've just had a smile on my face all weekend
  • Yesterday was awesome. Even though it was chucking it down we had a ball. It made the whole ride from spooky wood back a bit knarly in places with running water flowing down the exposed roots and rock gardens. Really had you on your toes.

Glentress seems to drain well. Can't wait to came back to Scotland again after we've finished playing around today.

So which of the 7 stained should be next on the to do list?
    Bianchi. There are no alternatives only compromises!
    I RIDE A KONA CADABRA -would you like to come and have a play with my magic link?
  • northwind, i think i might have seen you actually, not sure where, think it was the first bit of singletrack descent on the red, i was on a blue specialized pitch, white forks, white full face helmet and top. i passed 2 guys who were fixing a puncture or something next to where you were digging.

awesome days riding though. i wish i'd had more left in my legs to do a quick lap of the blue as well but i'd done about 30k round innerliethen on friday and slept in a slightly leaky tent on friday night so i wasn't exactly feeling on top form.
  • Sodfoster
    Sodfoster Posts: 412

So which of the 7 stained should be next on the to do list?

Has to be Kirroughtree next, take the buzz you got from GT and x10.
    Dawes Tamark DX (RIP)

Cube Acid 2010 (RIP)

Saracen Zen 3 (RIP)

Giant Anthem X5

CdF

The whole white bike thing was just coincedence........
  • Bike Bloke
    Glad it all went well...looking forward to it this afternoon!
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    northwind, i think i might have seen you actually, not sure where, think it was the first bit of singletrack descent on the red, i was on a blue specialized pitch, white forks, white full face helmet and top. i passed 2 guys who were fixing a puncture or something next to where you were digging.

I ended up staying in bed because of the weather :lol:
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Bike Bloke
    Epic afternoon/evening wont lie, conditions were great - sun, perfect temp & no midges!