Anyone work for ITV / ITN?

asprilla
asprilla Posts: 8,440
edited August 2011 in Commuting chat
Are there any cycling facilities (secure parking / showers) at 200 Greys Inn Road?
Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
Sun - Cervelo R3
Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX

Comments

• redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Twitter might be a better place to ask, most of the journos are on there and they should be able to offeer some help.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • moonio
    moonio Posts: 802
    Yes there are, but depends if you are working for ITN or ITV..ITN have facilities, not sure of ITV has use of themm
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    Isn't that where that John Snow guy got his bike nicked?
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • asprilla
    Have been told that ITV have a secure bike area, which i think is outside, but that cyclists can also lock up in the underground car park, which should be safe enough.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • I work there - yeah ITV have underground carpark with swipecard gates, cameras & foot patrols. Never could understand why Jon just locked his to that sign
  • are showers too
  • asprilla
    I work there - yeah ITV have underground carpark with swipecard gates, cameras & foot patrols. Never could understand why Jon just locked his to that sign

He's not the only one. A mate of mine had two bikes stolen from outside in a six month period and swore blind that there were no secure cycle parking facilities. I can only assume they aren't well publicised in the company.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • yeah happens all the time - gang on bikes, two on one of them usually, cut the lock, jump on & away. Broad daylight as well! I nearly caught them once but they got away leaving me with some hack bike they were on originally. Handed that in to security but nothing came of it - all the cctv is useless apparently! Now when I spot someone locking/unlocking a decent bike there always warn them.

one last Fri went within 20mins!
  • asprilla
    one last Fri went within 20mins!

From outside, I assume you mean, rather from the car park?
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • yeah the bike racks out the front. The carpark is about as secure as you can get - 2 levels underground, steel shutters operated by your ID card, cameras, security patrols. I think it is part of the bomb-proof bunker they will use to transmit the news in case of WWIII !
  • asprilla
    yeah the bike racks out the front. The carpark is about as secure as you can get - 2 levels underground, steel shutters operated by your ID card, cameras, security patrols. I think it is part of the bomb-proof bunker they will use to transmit the news in case of WWIII !

Excellent. Looks like I don't need a cheap new frame for commuting and can go back to looking at deep carbon rims........
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • *ad* ITV4 showing chasing legends tomorrow night after the TDF highlights *ad*
  • nich
    nich Posts: 888
    *ad* ITV4 showing chasing legends tomorrow night after the TDF highlights *ad*

Sweeeet!
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    nich wrote:
    *ad* ITV4 showing chasing legends tomorrow night after the TDF highlights *ad*

Sweeeet!

Awesoooome!! that deserves its own thread tbh!
  • moonio
    moonio Posts: 802
    There are also bike cages outside the garage, on coley street, thats where I keep my bike.
  • asprilla
    moonio wrote:
    There are also bike cages outside the garage, on coley street, thats where I keep my bike.

Yeah, I knew about those ones. If I'd have to use that then I would have had more urgency to get a winter / audax frame. But since I can use the underground car park I can do that later in the year.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • asprilla
    Just been to pick up my security pass and apparently I have to attach a little blue tag to my bike so it doesn't get padlocked in the car park.

The facilities guys couldn't understand why I would want more than one tag or the concept of owning more than one bike. I asked for three and was given two on the grounds that if I'm still here when it snows I can come and ask for another one.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • Don't worry about those blue tags mate - mine fell off after a couple of months. Quite often have two bikes down there too & never been locked

(touches wood)