Upgrade from mavic Kysrium Equippe

nobes1
nobes1 Posts: 3
edited July 2011 in Road buying advice
Hi

Just looking for some suggestions on an upgrade on my current wheelset. Looking to spend £400-600 max. Looking for a set i can use for training and racing so need to be pretty durable but still be a significant improvement from my current wheels. Im a pretty light rider, 58kg, so don't need something absolutely bomb-proof just needs to withstand the odd pothole.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• arlowood
    arlowood Posts: 2,561
    Hi there

I was in the same position as you a few weeks back -looking to upgrade from my Mavic CXP22 wheelset. The Ksyrium Equipe's were on my list of options (currently £239 at merlin Cycles).

However I was persuaded by several posters to upgrade my budget slightly and go for Shimano RS80's ( currently £329 at Merlin)

http://www.merlincycles.co.uk/Bike+Shop ... r_2529.htm

Wheels came from Merlin within 2 days of ordering. Now fitted and the difference is amazing. The RS 80's seem to float over the road and the freewheel is virtually silent so you get an impression that you are simply gliding along.

Great wheelset - would thoroughly recommend them.
  • nobes1
    nobes1 Posts: 3
    They seem to be a great deal but also tempted to stretch to the dura-ace c24. Write-ups on the RS80s are brilliant though. Thanks for the tip.v
  • JRooke
    JRooke Posts: 243
    If you plan to race and train, surely would be smart to keep your equipes and buy your racing wheels for racing or chainys?