Truvativ GXP BB compatibility

proto
proto Posts: 1,483
edited July 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
Anyone know what makes of BB will fit a Truvativ Stylo crankset, external bearing type?

Struggling to find anyone with a Truvativ, but guessing the SRAM will fit, but only guessing.

What about Shimano, FSA etc.?

Ta!

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    any GXP compatible BB, Truvative/Sram/Hope/Enduro/Gusset/Superstar etc etc.

not shimano, not FSA, not RF.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Not Hope without the adapters shirley?
  • proto
    So that suggests GXP axle diameter is smaller than Shimano/FSA/Hope. Correct?

(I've fitted a Shimano 105 BB to a FSA SLK Mega Exo road crank, so I know they are compatible)

No one seems to have stock of Truvativ/SRAM :(
  • njee20
    First Google link :?

Edit: and yes you're right, GXP is slightly smaller diameter - Hope do little 'top hat' type spacers to enable you to use Shimano spec BBs.

Be wary of compatibility with FSA - there are different, incompatible, BBs within their own range!
  • nicklouse
    proto wrote:
    So that suggests GXP axle diameter is smaller than Shimano/FSA/Hope. Correct?

(I've fitted a Shimano 105 BB to a FSA SLK Mega Exo road crank, so I know they are compatible)

No one seems to have stock of Truvativ/SRAM :(

no it is the same except for at one end.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • proto
    njee20 wrote:

Edit: and yes you're right, GXP is slightly smaller diameter - Hope do little 'top hat' type spacers to enable you to use Shimano spec BBs.

Be wary of compatibility with FSA - there are different, incompatible, BBs within their own range!

THanks for the info, but that link to Wiggle tells me they are out of stock.
  • njee20
    edited July 2011
    I stand corrected, thought they were slightly different diameter.

Weird about stock, when I clicked on it it said in stock, click the link and it doesn't.

Not my day!
  • nicklouse
    njee20 wrote:

the Hiope top hat is for Hope BBs only. Unless the BB you have is exactly the same spec as a Hope one. (most are not).
  • Darra8
    Darra8 Posts: 721
    Try Halfords, and you can pick one up locally.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... List_Zone_

Steve
    40 year old pussy who "still" hates the thought of falling off!!