Inner tube sizes.............

bagz3
bagz3 Posts: 253
edited July 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
Are inner tubes a standard size?

Reason i ask is that intend getting some slick tyres for my mtb, but the tyre width is 1.5" and thinner than what i already have. Will i need some different inner tubes?

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    they come in many sizes.get ones suitable for the tyres.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • captainfly
    captainfly Posts: 1,001
    No not standard sizes but there is usually a range of sizes a tube can fit in, but if you are running a rim that will take such a skinny tyre then you are probably not running a massive tyre anyway (2" or so?) so could be fine. But they aren't expensive so suitable ones aren't a bad idea.
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
    Mongoose Teocali
    Giant STP0

Why are MTB economics; spend twice as much as you intended, but only half as much as you wish you could afford? :roll:
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Use a narrow one like a Schwalbe 1.0-1.5", lighter and easier to handle when puttin on the tyre, they've also proved perfectly reliable in tyres upto 2.1"

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.