Rest day winners/losers

MaxwellBygraves
MaxwellBygraves Posts: 1,353
edited July 2011 in Pro race
OK I know that some cyclists enjoy the rest days and some come back with legs feeling like concrete...

Anyone know the riders in the pro peleton who usually do well from rest days?

Conversely, the ones who don't enjoy them?
"That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college! " - Homer

Comments

• LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    I think every single man in the peloton will be glad of the rest day this year, or at least making it to the rest day with their lives in tact. :lol:
  • ascurrell
    ascurrell Posts: 1,739
    Whether it will ultimately be long enough remains to be seen. But without the rest day there is no way Johny Hoogerland would make the following day after sundays crash .
    I have read after the accident and tangle with barbed wire he received 30 stitches.
    Only slept 4 hours Sunday night and suffered nightmares.
    I do hope he can carry on and defend / wear his mountains jersey for one more day at least.
    I did meet the guy at Colchester after a stage of the tour of Britain and it was no trouble for him to pose for a pic. A great guy as well as a great cyclist
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Gesink normally doesn't like rest days, but he said he was looking forward to this one.

I don't know about others. I know Boogerd was always 10% below par after a rest day.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    We'll soon see who had some "steak".
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    Radio Shack's woes continue. Down to 6:
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/popovyc ... n-to-start
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Looking at Cav's tweet yesterday with him lying in bed with Peta I'd say he was a winner on the rest day :D
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Gazzaputt wrote:
    Looking at Cav's tweet yesterday with him lying in bed with Peta I'd say he was a winner on the rest day :D

100% this - she's hot.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,205
    I'm always suspicious of people who improve after the rest day!