Cycling apps - what's best for commuting

The Rookie
The Rookie Posts: 27,812
edited July 2011 in Commuting chat
OK so I've tried Sports Tracker and Endomondo, ST is OK, but not great, endomondo I've now deleted as you get minimal info from it - what else do people use/like?

Don't mention iphone specific apps as I'm stuck with a Nokia X6 (company supplied).

Simon
Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.

Comments

• Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    Maybe you should put your phone in the title.

Endomondo needs a little tweaking (I use the free version on Android) to show better data than the default setting.

This data:
    Start Time
    Jul 2, 2011 9:01 PM
    Distance
    29.79 miles
    Duration
    2h:06m:01s
    Avg Speed
    14.2 mph
    Max Speed
    44.0 mph
    Calories
    1279 kcal
    Altitude
    154 ft / 883 ft
    Elevation
    673 ft ↑ / 610 ft ↓
    Heart Rate
    - / -

Seems plenty to me but you need to use their website to get at it.
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • I use My tracks.
    gives good feedback via Google Maps
    Not that bad but bad enough for me
    Route1.jpg
  • MattJ88
    MattJ88 Posts: 41
    I use Endomondo Pro .. courtesy of www.mobilism.org <- where I get all my android apps ..
  • alan_sherman
    alan_sherman Posts: 1,157
    What don't you like about Sporttracker - what would you prefer to see?
  • The Rookie
    I like Sporttracker but would like a little more resolution.....

For endomondo users, ST gives you a plot of your journey on a map and also you can graphically display speed and other info on a graph over your journey, by comparison endomondo is a glorified pencil!

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • essex-commuter
    essex-commuter Posts: 2,188
    If you can use a mobile phone appLICATION for the whole of your commute then your commute is too short! :lol:
  • The Rookie
    Or maybe your too slow? :D

Simon
  • essex-commuter
    essex-commuter Posts: 2,188
    Or maybe your too slow? :D

Simon

Rightbackatcha! :D