Anyone fitted Stans No Tubes to a Mavic EX729 ?

BG2000
BG2000 Posts: 517
edited July 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
Just wondered if I need the Freeride kit or the Downhill kit.

I have the 2010 version of these rims (all black with some minimal grey stickers), and Mavic's website claims they're 36mm wide, which would imply that I need the DH version. But this goes from 36mm - 39mm so might be too wide. The FR version is from 27mm - 34mm.

Comments

• captainfly
    captainfly Posts: 1,001
    Have you looked on the stans website http://www.notubes.com/Downhill-Kit-P88C12.aspx :wink:
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
    Mongoose Teocali
    Giant STP0

Why are MTB economics; spend twice as much as you intended, but only half as much as you wish you could afford? :roll:
  • BG2000
    BG2000 Posts: 517
    No I hadn't :oops:

Thanks for that - that's very encouraging to see my rim listed, as most of the time people haven't heard of it, or state that it's 29mm wide etc..
  • captainfly
    captainfly Posts: 1,001
    BG2000 wrote:
    No I hadn't :oops:

Thanks for that - that's very encouraging to see my rim listed, as most of the time people haven't heard of it, or state that it's 29mm wide etc..

No worries, I get what you mean though it is because there is more than one way to measure a rim, inside bead, outside bead and actual rim widtn.
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
    Mongoose Teocali
    Giant STP0

Why are MTB economics; spend twice as much as you intended, but only half as much as you wish you could afford? :roll: