Egg Beaters - snaped spindle, with pics.

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited July 2011 in MTB general
These pedals are currently on my road bike (see sig) but have spent most of their time on my old MTB and as they're really MTB pedals thought it more sensible to post here.

Got a bit of a shock last night while sprinting away from some traffic lights. One min I was going 'hell for leather', next I'm sat on my cross bar swerving all over the road trying to figure out why.

Turns out the spindle of my standard cro-mo Egg Beaters had snapped. had them about 18 months and done about 2000 miles.

Was quite surprised I, was on the road at the time, no big drops/jumps or anything and there not the exotic Ti version or anything.

Here's a pic -

261269_10150307770944973_774584972_9137738_367278_n.jpg

There were running great until this point.

Are Egg Beaters known for this? I'm probably going to replace them with a newer set of Egg Beaters, but not if it's a known issue.

Comments

• Deputy Dawg
    Deputy Dawg Posts: 428
    It might be worth sending crank bros. an email with the pics attached to see what they think.

I've only ever heard good things about their customer service.
    Statistically, Six Out Of Seven Dwarves Aren't Happy
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    I have had warranty issues with egg-beaters (not snapped spindle), and 2pure (UK distributor) has excellent customer service.

Drop them a line and see what they say. I'll guess they will want to examine them before commenting further, but IME they are very helpful.
  • guity
    guity Posts: 113
    Yes, definately send 2pure an email. They have been v helpfull when I have had issues with my eggbeaters in the past... They will probably replace the spindle.
  • Barteos
    Barteos Posts: 657
    I gave up on CB pedals ages ago and switched back to Time.
    Good customer service can't save an unreliable product.