Watford Ride

Gaz1963
Gaz1963 Posts: 4
edited October 2011 in MTB rides
Hi

Looking for MTB riding mates, I try and get out 2-3 times a week and do 10 miles. Currently working on my endurance. Would be good to have company

Cheers

Gaz

Comments

• Ian43
    Ian43 Posts: 172
    Hi try Bucks MTB club or Summit MTB club there are in your area, normally about £15 a year membership they both do regular Chilterns rides, or you could try West Drayton MTB club.
  • paulbox
    paulbox Posts: 1,203
    I'd be up for a ride one evening, let me know when and where. I do fancy going out tonight but the weather is going to be crap so probably won't, maybe tomorrow evening.

Bucks MTB are a good friendly bunch of people, though you might want to up your distances a tad before going along to one of their monthly group rides. They are happy for you to attend 3 or 4 of their rides before deciding whether or not you want to join up. It's a great way of finding new places to ride and also getting an intro to completely new places. I've been down to Swinley a couple of times with them and am going up to Cannock for the first time this weekend.

http://www.bucksmtb.co.uk/index.htm
    XC: Giant Anthem X
    Fun: Yeti SB66
    Road: Litespeed C1, Cannondale Supersix Evo, Cervelo R5
    Trainer: Bianchi via Nirone
    Hack: GT hardtail with Schwalbe City Jets
  • bigj205
    bigj205 Posts: 31
    Hi Gaz
    I'm from Watford and also try to get out 2 or 3 times per week
    I have various routes upto about 20 miles.
    Theres a few of us who go out,
    PM me if you want to meet up sometime

cheers

John
    Cheers

John

Offroad: Turner 5 Spot, The all mountain machine !
    Kona Kula Gold XC race bike.
    On Road: Planet X SL Pro Carbon, SRAM Red
  • jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    Hi guys,

I've just moved from Watford to Hemel. But I stil ride around Whippendale woods and also around Ashridge (near Berkhamstead).

Im not very regular at the moment but normally I would try to get out 2 /3 times a week. Feel free to PM me some time for a ride.

There is also a regular group of watford MTBs try this website http://www.watfordmtb.co.uk I haven't ridden with them yet but from the email thread seem like a good bunch of guys.
  • JimOw
    JimOw Posts: 10
    Hello,

I live in Berkhamsted, I ride around Ashridge most weekends and usually during the week a few times as well, so I'de be up for a ride around here somewhere.
  • There's a bunch of riders that go out from Berkhamsted a few times a week.

http://www.mtbberkhamsted.co.uk/
  • paulbox
    paulbox Posts: 1,203
    No... :roll:
    XC: Giant Anthem X
    Fun: Yeti SB66
    Road: Litespeed C1, Cannondale Supersix Evo, Cervelo R5
    Trainer: Bianchi via Nirone
    Hack: GT hardtail with Schwalbe City Jets
  • popstar
    popstar Posts: 1,392
    I live in Ruislip, wondering what options are there to meet new people to ride with. Saw few groups riding on canalpaths (near Rickamsworth) then dart off to woods.

Currently started again comuting to work, so hopefully legs won't give up on group rides that fast.
    What could have been (Video)

I'll choose not put too much stake into someone's opinion who is admittingly terrible though