Genesis Equilibrium project

2»

Comments

• daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    My frame has arrived at De Ver and I'm popping in on Tuesday to finalise colour. I know it's a little unimaginative, but I am thinking of thick, glossy black with white decals. It's just a colour combination I have always liked on steel bikes. But then again, the 2011 Equilibrium 10 is already in glossy black. Turqois?

You can look at the 2011 - 10 and be sure it is what you want then 8)
    On the other hand, if you are paying for a custom paint job, I would be tempted to make it individual. Make it match/contrast other equipment colours. Or at least a scheme to suit future clothing options?
    While in Velo, I saw a matt black Met helmet and it looked wicked. A matt black frame and silver/alloy finishing or complete stealth?
    The choice is yours............ :P
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • Think I'm going to go back to my initial choice which is glossy white frame with black decals. Although Genesis do a white frame already, it's not on any of their Equilibriums. I even thought about pearlescent white, but I wonder if that's had its day and is a bit naff now. Simple and classy for me on this bike. I can get vulgar when I go carbon next spring.

Did you spec full musdguards on your Fratello? If so would you mind me asking, which ones?
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Did you spec full musdguards on your Fratello? If so would you mind me asking, which ones?

I went with SKS full version - P35, in black.
    I saw the Condor ones but thought they looked more style over practicality as in flat surface, not curved to trap & flow the water. Thick and sturdy looking though.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • london-red
    london-red Posts: 1,266
    Updated pic... Finally got round to replacing handlebars and stem. Tan handlebar tape, and we'll be there.

Nearly-there.jpg
  • samsbike
    samsbike Posts: 942
    Mind if I ressurect this one? I've been planning to build up one of these as a winter bike/commuter myself for months, but have been waiting to see what Genesis will be offering colour-wise for the 2012 frameset (not being a fan of the 'cherry red'). I now hear they will not be changing the colour and so, with it being such a good value frame to begin with, I'm thinking of getting it resprayed straight away. Anyone know where I might be able to pick up the Equilibrium decals as I would quite like to keep it legitimate(ish)? I'll be using the Centaur groupset, Deda Black Rain fork and Easton EA50s from my Fratello for the build so am thinking of going for that black & white combo.

How did your build go LR?

I called Genesis re decals, they don't do any, you have to get a signwriter to do them for you.

If you drop me a pm with your email, I will try and dig out the original email they sent me and forward it onto you

cheers

sam
  • jonny_trousers
    jonny_trousers Posts: 3,588
    samsbike wrote:
    Mind if I ressurect this one? I've been planning to build up one of these as a winter bike/commuter myself for months, but have been waiting to see what Genesis will be offering colour-wise for the 2012 frameset (not being a fan of the 'cherry red'). I now hear they will not be changing the colour and so, with it being such a good value frame to begin with, I'm thinking of getting it resprayed straight away. Anyone know where I might be able to pick up the Equilibrium decals as I would quite like to keep it legitimate(ish)? I'll be using the Centaur groupset, Deda Black Rain fork and Easton EA50s from my Fratello for the build so am thinking of going for that black & white combo.

How did your build go LR?

I called Genesis re decals, they don't do any, you have to get a signwriter to do them for you.

If you drop me a pm with your email, I will try and dig out the original email they sent me and forward it onto you

cheers

sam

Thanks Sam, but now that it's built up I'm quite happy with it being in stealth black without decals. Perhaps if it was a posher brand...