Wiggins - it's all our fault!

ms_tree
ms_tree Posts: 1,405
edited July 2011 in Pro race
It occured to me at the beginning of the Tour that Wiggins was wearing no 111. Sharp intake of breath. Seems the karma has happened.
In cricketing legend 111 (or Nelson) is unlucky for English batsmen; the umpire David Sheppard used to stand on one leg whenever the score reached this or multiples of it.
The battling Aussies (c D Duffield) have 87 as their unlucky number - being 13 less than 100.
I looked to see who had this number and it was Kiryenka who whilst not an Aussie is certainly battling - and he's has gone as well.
Couple of links:

http://worldcricketwatch.com/ashes-2010 ... number-87/
http://www.livestrong.com/article/34790 ... t-cricket/
Not sure if LA is going to take up the wonderful game :D

I digress - so obviously it's all our fault that Wiggins is out - we didn't stand on one leg for every stage. :lol:
'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
Neil Gaiman

Comments

• AndyRubio
    AndyRubio Posts: 880
    An interesting theory, but I prefer the one that says he's just clumsy and couldn't stand the pressure.
  • campagone
    campagone Posts: 270
    Ironic that in an interview at the start of the stage for EuroSport he was saying how everyone wants to ride at the front (where its safer I guess) and then he looked at the other riders and said some of them quote 'cant ride their bike that well'. Guess it will be their fault for the crash then :roll:
  • smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    Or it could just be bike racing and these things happen.
    :roll:
  • wicked
    wicked Posts: 844
    campagone wrote:
    Ironic that in an interview at the start of the stage for EuroSport he was saying how everyone wants to ride at the front (where its safer I guess) and then he looked at the other riders and said some of them quote 'cant ride their bike that well'. Guess it will be their fault for the crash then :roll:

As it as a lampre rider getting his jacket caught in his back wheel that caused the crash then yes, you could say that :roll:
    It’s the most beautiful sport in the world but it’s governed by ***ts who have turned it into a crock of ****.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    wicked wrote:
    campagone wrote:

As it as a lampre rider getting his jacket caught in his back wheel that caused the crash then yes, you could say that :roll:

It turns out that was an earlier crash that Roche was talking about, not the big one.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    AndyRubio wrote:
    An interesting theory, but I prefer the one that says he's just clumsy and couldn't stand the pressure.

I prefer the non-retarded view that sh*t happens - it's just bike racing :P
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    In cricketing legend 111 (or Nelson) is unlucky for English batsmen

I think any English batsman who can reach 111 should consider himself extremely lucky :lol:

Bollox theory by the way.
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    In cricketing legend 111 (or Nelson) is unlucky for English batsmen

Bollox theory by the way.

No need to be offensive, especially as the theory has been proved right.
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    AndyRubio wrote:

Eh?

Ridiculous comment to post.