pedals

freeborn jon
freeborn jon Posts: 44
edited July 2011 in The workshop
hiya
feel i already now the answer bu twould like conformation
will a mountain bike spd fit onto a road bike and vice versa? also any one no off a pedal that is clipless one side and platform on the other that will fit both road and offroad bikes ?

jon

Comments

• bobgfish
    bobgfish Posts: 545
    Yes they will fit each other. There are a load of pedals that are single sided clips and then flat on the other. Have a look at the Shimano MTB pedals and there will be one that does the job. I doubt you will find a road pedal that does this but could be wrong...
  • fallingoff
    fallingoff Posts: 332
    Look at spmething like Shimano "flat-ride" pedals..M520.
    They allow the use of cleats or you can wear ordinary shoes beacause the cleat"engaging cage will run flush underfoot.
    I use them and have done for years,on mtb and road bikes. :D
  • unixnerd
    unixnerd Posts: 2,864
    M520s have a plastic insert on one side. It's purpose is to hold a pair of orange reflectors, these are required by UK law but it's an often ignored law. But the bit of plastic has a grippy pattern moulded in and can be used as a normal flat pedal. So with M520s you get the best of both worlds.

I run A530 spd pedals on my road bike. They're single sided and a good bit lighter than M520s. They look more "roadie" too.
    http://www.strathspey.co.uk - Quality Binoculars at a Sensible Price.
    Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert 2012, Cannondale CAAD5,
    Marin Mount Vision (1997), Edinburgh Country tourer, 3 cats!
  • exactly what im looking for and very cheap as well .happy bunny here thanks
  • Blue Meanie
    Blue Meanie Posts: 495
    mtb pedals on a road bike? the shame of it :wink:
    +1 A530's, good, durable and light
    Plastic insert supplied with m520 makes your saddle seem too low
    FCN16 - 1970 BSA Wayfarer

FCN4 - Fixie Inc