Rockhopper ebay listing - 2007 or 2010

Gatchaman
Gatchaman Posts: 35
edited July 2011 in MTB general
Hi peeps,

I've been looking around for a new hardtail and on my search I found this Rockhopper Pro on eBay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290582695974#ht_1518wt_922.

It looks in good condition but something didn't seem right and after a bit of research it looks like the 2007 bike and not the 2010 one advertised.

Can anyone confirm my suspicions?

Comments

• louse
    louse Posts: 80
    it aint 2010 totally the wrong spec. yep it is 2007.
  • tom_howard
    tom_howard Posts: 789
    The whole ad looks a bit suspicious to be honest, there are a few inaccuracies in the description too (full deore xt drivetrain - though from the pics, not the shifters or the crank....)
    A little bit over described too, hydraulic oil brakes (as opposed to what? hydraulic cheese?)

At best hes an idiot, at worst, well I'll leave that to your imagination. Avoid IMO.
    Santa Cruz 5010C
    Deviate Guide
    Specialized Sequoia Elite
    Pivot Mach 429SL
    Trek Madone 5.2 Di2
    Salsa Mukluk Carbon
    Specialized Turbo Levo Expert 29er
  • Gatchaman
    I thought as much. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't any special editions I'd missed. I know this sort of thing goes on all the time on eBay so normally steer well clear but surely these ads shouldn't be allowed.

My search continues then after not being able to secure a Malt 4 on our cycle scheme :(
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,703
    Listing now seems to have been removed.
  • Gatchaman
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Listing now seems to have been removed.

That's some respect for eBay restored.