Eurosport Sky+ recording arrrghghh

37monkey
37monkey Posts: 141
edited July 2011 in The bottom bracket
:( :evil: I just wanted a quick public moan about my sky+ recording stopping with 13km left to race. why can't they sort their poo out, each blames the other, how pants! just as well I found out before ITV4's highlight show.
thanks for indulging me :wink:

Comments

• Rigga
    Rigga Posts: 939
    Same thing happened to me mate, stopped with 17km to go!!! Aaargghhh!!!! :x

Just catching up too on itv4 :D
  • Bozman
    Bozman Posts: 2,518
    School boy error!
    Always record the following program when you Sky+ on Eurosport, i got caught out a few times recording motorbike racing on eurosport but i clicked on pretty quickly.
  • sampras38
    sampras38 Posts: 1,917
    Bozman wrote:
    School boy error!
    Always record the following program when you Sky+ on Eurosport, i got caught out a few times recording motorbike racing on eurosport but i clicked on pretty quickly.

+1

Been doing this for years.
  • richard205
    richard205 Posts: 51
    Mines done this plenty of times and today has decided to drop all of the stuff on series link.

I've always said that sky+ is a great idea and in principle it works very well...just the boxes are generally made out of chocolate and cheese because it always seems to mess me about.

Oh and I'm not overly impressed with HD either, some content goes blocky. Its not the signal either, its down to the box not being able to cope with the data stream.
    Its Italian, its carbon.....and some lanky tool rides it.
  • 37monkey
    It's hard work to watch ITV4 there's more adds and waffle than cycling! and what's with saying "Lay-o-pard trek"? that really annoys me, it sounds stoopid
  • GoldenBear
    GoldenBear Posts: 120
    edited July 2011
  • pilot_pete
    pilot_pete Posts: 2,120
    On the whole I prefer the Eurosport coverage (*), although it is funny when Dave Harmon goes up an octave or two in the closing moments of a sprint screaming about Matt Goss....only to say 'Oh it's Mark Cavendish!" as he puts his arms in the air!!!!

The Sky+ missing the final bits annoys me to hell as well.....if we had enough storage I would set the next program to record as well.....but we are nearly always running at close to 100% full...HD uses HUGE amounts of space, I think one stage took 18% the other day!

Anyone know if you can add more storage to the box?

PP

(*) edited to add that Sean Kelly's drone drives me up the wall...."number of days..."
  • GoldenBear
    GoldenBear Posts: 120
    edited July 2011
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    37monkey wrote:
    and what's with saying "Lay-o-pard trek"? that really annoys me, it sounds stoopid

Errrr, it's how it is meant to be pronounced.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • gaddster
    gaddster Posts: 401
    indeed, if you watched the itv4 coverage Paul Sherwen explained why it's said that way, oh wait... :D
    ARTHUR
    "Hello oh great one"
    LARRY
    "Are you talking to me or my ass?"
  • Xommul
    Xommul Posts: 251
    And theres me thinking its just my sky box not working right.

I keep missing the start and end of these programmes. Prolly still gonna call sky to see if its their issue.

Cant beleive how many broken bones this year and its only stage 9. Femurs, collar bones, feet, wrists. Dangerous sport!!

Good TV tho!
    MTB Trek 4300 Disc 1999
    Road Rose Carbon Pro RS Custom
    Canyon Spectral AL 7.9 29er
  • 37monkey
    Pilot Pete wrote:

Anyone know if you can add more storage to the box?
    "

Yes, I have a bigger Hard drive fitted, they're the same as a pc, google it

37monkey wrote:
    and what's with saying "Lay-o-pard trek"? that really annoys me, it sounds stoopid

Errrr, it's how it is meant to be pronounced.

Yes but we call Paris, Paris not Paree as an example, different countries pronounce words differently and to me lay-o-pard just sounds like somebody trying too hard to be part of the in crowd. can't we just say leopard the way I grew up saying it le-pard?
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,181
    It was a demand from the team when launched. All the other English speaking commentators ignored them but Phil and Paul are a bit like teacher's pets in that respect :wink:
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    Pross wrote:
    It was a demand from the team when launched. All the other English speaking commentators ignored them but Phil and Paul are a bit like teacher's pets in that respect :wink:

You forget that it's Leopard Trek and that P and P are in fact commentating for the American tv companies/audience. They would therefore need to comply with the sponsors more than others. ITV4 just get the feed.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."