Sportive riders-Want to join a club in the Bournemouth area?

Just wondering if there's any riders out there in the east Dorset /New Forest area who would like to join a club who are very active in the Sportive side of things.

The local clubs around here are very good if TimeTrialing or Road Racing is your thing, but don't seem to cater very well for the new breed of rider who has successfully mastered the charity ride....The Sportivist.....one of the local clubs even end their club runs in March!

Well...I've just joined a club who seem to have got the balance just right....iTeam CC.
Whilst they are involved in TT's and RR , they also have a thriving Sportive section.They recently had a trip to the Marmotte where they had 18 finishers...how good is that!!

They have members all over the place , but the epicentre is around the Portsmouth area.If you have ridden a southern sportive , then you have probably come across the 'Red Train' in action.

After buying a ticket and climbing on board, I am looking to grow a dorset/west hants hub , with club runs eminating from the bournemouth area.

There is currently a regular saturday morning run at 8am from waitrose car park on the Christchurch bypass with between 4 - 14 riders each week.Quite a few ride sportives but do not belong to clubs which is a shame....I'm hoping I can get some of these guys and girls on board the i-team train in the near future and turn this group into an i-Team club run.

If you're interested in joining this revolution , then have a look at their website and drop me a PM for more information...

I look forward to seeing you out there soon....

http://www.i-team.co.uk/

Comments

• topmoxy
    topmoxy Posts: 138
    hi, i would be interested in a local club for certain, could do with a group of riders interested in clocking up the miles.
    myself and Mr Goo ride the new forest most weekends.
  • Hi moxy ,

have sent you a pm to discuss things further

cheers
  • pjm-84
    pjm-84 Posts: 819
    Good bunch of guys. Just come back from the Marmotte with them.......
    Paul
  • petejuk
    petejuk Posts: 235
    I agree with you regards the local clubs here- they're a good, friendly bunch but quite focussed on TT ing and road racing. I cant devote enough time to that and looked at this club a while back, but thought it to be predominantly hants based. Would certainly be interested.
  • Topmoxy and mr Goo.....can you let me know if you're going out sat or sunday so i can meet up with you guys.

cheers
  • VerwoodAsh
    VerwoodAsh Posts: 196
    I could be interested - Like you, I'm not into the TTing or Road racing aspects, and have found the clubs don't want to know if that is not your thing.
    I'm a bit more north in Verwood (Surprise Surprise) and have to juggle cycling around family life with both children into plenty of activites too which means that weekends quickly get swallowed up.
    I do find going out alone nice - but better when there is someone to talk to and share the wind etc, on my own it is far too easy to talk yourself out of riding.
  • VerwoodAsh

I have sent you a PM.

Cheers
  • topmoxy
    hi thomas, we will be riding sunday morning, normally head out about 7.30 from the hare and hounds in sway. cheers moxy
  • Ok....see you then.

steve
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Calling all Riders in Forest area.

Ride out into New Forest Sunday 17th July.

Weather permitting we are setting off from the Rising Sun, just north of Bashley at 7:15am. We will ride out thru Burley, Ringwood and upto Fordingbridge up the hill to Sandy Balls then back thru forest to Bolderwood, Rhinefield, Brockenhurst, 10 Bends and back to the Rising Sun.
    Thomas Tank - Top Moxy is texting you to confirm this. Looks like wires crossed over last 24hrs.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • topmoxy
    STEVE
    hope you see this before leaving, as MrGoo has posted will be meeting at rising sun near new milton at 7.15 cheers moxy
  • joeyhalloran
    joeyhalloran Posts: 1,080
    Sorry to jump in and go off topic a bit, I am moving to Poole and although I enjoy sportives, road racing IS my thing (well, i try). Can any of you recommend the best club in the area for road racing?

Cheers,

Joey
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Hi Joey

Suggest you have a look at these clubs.

http://www.poolewheelers.com/htmlpages/AboutUs.html

http://www.bournemouth-arrow.co.uk/

http://www.bjw.org.uk/

Hope they are of help.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.