Wellgo MG-1 Pedal Service

Obs1dian
Obs1dian Posts: 88
edited July 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
So I went to put my MG-1 pedals back on my bike and found they had seized. Originally found an article that said to put new grease in... that made things worse and split one of the bushings (picture below). I'm also wondering if the bearings need replacement (second picture).

If so how do I replace the bearings (remove and install)? Also: where can I get new bushings?

5915343874_678f8538dc.jpg
IMAG0014 by obs1d1an, on Flickr

5915344802_4c9f03af4f.jpg
IMAG0011 by obs1d1an, on Flickr

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Easiest thing to do is take to a bearing supplier and get them to match - I can't remember the codes, but the bushing and bearing are standard sizes.
  • jedi_master
    jedi_master Posts: 888
    Bearings are 686ZZ, don't know about the bushing though. The bearing you can remove by knocking it out using a 6mm hex key. To install the new bearing place it in with your fingers and then screw the end cap in, this will push the bearing down and into place.
  • Someone posted up the exact bits that were needed not so long ago but using the search function has proved hopeless in finding the post! Wish I'd made a note of them..... :cry:
    Is that knackered bush tapered?? or just a mess? Don't think the bearings are tapered....?
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Search hint - use google with bikeradar in the search. Works much better than the useless forum search.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Still can't find it CD.....must be "erased" or something....