Tour of Austria (Spoilers - as if you're watching it)

RichN95.
RichN95. Posts: 27,241
edited July 2011 in Pro race
Worth noting that the winner of Stage 5 was Ian Stannard - his first pro victory.
Twitter: @RichN95

Comments

• Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    I have been watching and to be honest some of the scenery is bloody amazing in that part of the world. Yesterdays stage was possibly one of the most beautiful stages I have watched in a long time.

I have put the coverage on cyclingtorrents.nl
    cartoon.jpg
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Well done, he's a quality rider. Hopefully one day he'll get a big win in the classics.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,462
    I'm really pleased for him, he's put in the hard miles in a lot of races so it's great to see him getting his turn to shine.
  • wicked
    wicked Posts: 844
    Chapeau to Ian, one of my favourite riders. A real hard man.
    It’s the most beautiful sport in the world but it’s governed by ***ts who have turned it into a crock of ****.
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    The local boy done good...........nice one!
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Very collected salute:
    tik_20110707_19_600.jpg

Sastre sitting in 3rd.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • secretsqirrel
    secretsqirrel Posts: 2,041
    And Freddie Kessiakoff is the leader 8)
  • secretsqirrel
    secretsqirrel Posts: 2,041
    Something to cheer Astana today

toa-winner-640x460.jpg

Young Kessiakoff takes the Austrian Tour.
  • neilo23
    neilo23 Posts: 783
    Doobz wrote:
    I have been watching and to be honest some of the scenery is bloody amazing in that part of the world. Yesterdays stage was possibly one of the most beautiful stages I have watched in a long time.

I have put the coverage on cyclingtorrents.nl

The scenery is fantastic. If you ever want to take a cycling holiday I would strongly recommend Austria, having lived in that neck of the woods for years. Roads are great, there's very little traffic out in the country, food's great, women are lovely... Oh, how I miss it :-(