Tensions at Omega Pharma-Lotto

Doobz
Doobz Posts: 2,800
edited July 2011 in Pro race
Bit of a sh|tty google translate but looks like things ain't too good at omega-Pharma-lotto
Philippe Gilbert of bulimia she would start to cause problems for his teammates? After the day's stage a summit meeting held in the team bus between the Belgian champion, Marc Sergeant Herman and Frisian.

According to Samuel Grulois, Special Envoy of Quickness in the Tour, the tension was palpable around since the formation of Belgium. The two directors did they recalled the order Remoucastrien eye to eye? One thing is certain, the other riders were asked to vacate the premises. Clearly, the team leader to blame his not following the action plan defined in the briefing. Jurgen Van den Broeck has confirmed the existence of tensions. He said the team had to work for Andre Greipel today. The German sprinter, 6, who did not hesitate to put themselves to the board for Gilbert since the start of the Tour, no doubt hoped for a return lift in one of the few steps that suited his qualities. That ' is not the first time that the individualism of Gilbert is highlighted. Just yesterday, the Liegeois had plugged the hole on his team-mate VDB towards Mur-de-Bretagne. A few weeks ago, Greg Van Avermaet did not hesitate to declare that he saw a dim view of an arrival of Phil BMC. " I left Omega Pharma-Lotto to play my card. This was not possible with Gilbert in the team , "he said at the time. Philippe Gilbert results for him. The world No.1 has already raised his arms 15 times since the beginning of the season and shines on the Tour (one step, one second place and three shirts). Tomorrow, he will, again, the green jersey. The nerves of the runners may be as on edge because of an uncertain future? M. Weynants with S. Grulois

sauce: http://www.rtbf.be/sport/cyclisme/tourd ... id=6414903
cartoon.jpg

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    I think Van Den Broeck was pretty p1ssed Gilbert chased him down on the Mur....
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Interesting, but I couldn't get past the job title "special envoy of quickness"!
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Interesting, but I couldn't get past the job title "special envoy of quickness"!

That is all kinds of awesome. Imagine have that on your business card!
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    afx237vi wrote:

I hear that Cav has already placed an order with the printers!
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    afx237vi wrote:

It's certainly better than Philippe Gilbert of Bulimia.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    I didn't even get that far. I stopped at "Phllippe Gilbert of Bulimia". Has he been knighted?
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • That Greipel fella's pretty handy for a 6 year old too, eh?
  • LangerDan
    "Just yesterday, the Liegeois had plugged the hole on his team-mate VDB"

I suspect this may be news to Mrs. Gilbert.
  • Salsiccia
    Salsiccia Posts: 405
    Just yesterday, the Liegeois had plugged the hole on his team-mate VDB towards Mur-de-Bretagne.

:shock:
    I was only joking when I said
    by rights you should be bludgeoned in your bed
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Love the translations, it's like those old Japanese instruction manuals for a VCR.

Greipel was also complaining, ranting "this is no team, this is no team" at the finish line.

He too got "plugged" by Gilbert, the German rider was on Hushovd's wheel and then saw Gilbert swamp him, dragging other riders along.
  • Wooliferkins
    Wooliferkins Posts: 2,060
    Disappointing translation, no eels, hovercraft or exploding nipples........
    Neil
    Help I'm Being Oppressed
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Bloody hell love to be a fly on the wall at this mornings team briefing.
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    Gazzaputt wrote:
    Bloody hell love to be a fly on the wall at this mornings team briefing.

especially if they all have to speak English and use Google to translate what they want to say beforehand.
  • Kléber wrote:

Greipel was also complaining, ranting "this is no team, this is no team" at the finish line.

Greipel must be thinking he's gone from the frying pan to fire !
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,462
    Surely he knew that he was running this risk when joining a Belgian team with two Belgian leaders?

His results haven't exactly given him the upper hand either.
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    I reckon he expects it to be like it was at HTC with an organised lead out train etc.. Gilbert can probably do a lot on his own where Griepel needs to be dropped off in clean air..
    cartoon.jpg
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Sources (of dubious reliability) suggest that Prince Philip of Bulimia has been told to knock the green jersey quest on the head and support Greipel.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • zammmmo
    zammmmo Posts: 315
    andyp wrote:
    Surely he knew that he was running this risk when joining a Belgian team with two Belgian leaders?

His results haven't exactly given him the upper hand either.

+1 When he had to move on from HTC I don't think he was in a position to go to a team which were going to build a lead out train around him. If he was truly any good he'd find a way to at least be up there in the first 3 or 4 irrespective of his own team's support, or lack of it.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,205
    Greipel has gone up in my estimation this week for the work he has done on the front but it really seems a waste of a top sprinter to have him being a bunch engine.
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    I wasn't aware the team had quite such a long history. Palpable tension since around the formation of Belgium. 1830s
  • Gingerflash
    Gingerflash Posts: 239
    If there had been more flat open sprints, Greipel might have more of a look in, but we've seen several twisty narrow uphill finishes perfect for Gilbert.

Once he's done well on those and got the green, it then makes sense to put everything behind that rather than support Greipel in a vain attempt to win stages.
  • LangerDan
    I think its more to with the fact that today, Rojas will probably take the green jersey from Gilbert. The only chance for an OPL rider to be on the podium in Chateauroux is if Greipel wins the stage.