OT: Four Rooms

essex-commuter
essex-commuter Posts: 2,188
edited July 2011 in Commuting chat
Ch4, anyone seen it?

Great concept, kinda Antiques Roadshow meets Deal or no Deal!

Never seen such a diverse load of sh1te up for sale though!

Comments

• Maxticate
    Maxticate Posts: 193
    Yes, I really like it.

I'm not too keen on Jeff Salmon though.
  • Confusedboy
    Confusedboy Posts: 287
    So, a combination of two of my least favourite shows on tv. No, don't think I'm the target audience somehow.....
  • essex-commuter
    essex-commuter Posts: 2,188
    Maxticate wrote:
    Yes, I really like it.

I'm not too keen on Jeff Salmon though.

Is he the mouthy one who concluded that he could send the makers of the pencil chair to stardom?

"Are you glad to be here?"
    "Yes"
    "And so you should be"
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Jeff Salmon is brilliant on it!

That Emma... i just don't think she has any money so not quite sure what she can buy -

Some guys a few weeks ago turned down £240k for a banksy wall, it would have smashed all records - they paid £30k for it - they got greedy and said - No!

Some people are completely deluded on that show though. or just plain greedy.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • Maxticate
    Maxticate Posts: 193
    I never understand the people that go in saying they want x amount for it. Then they get offered an amount in excess of whatever x was and then they turn it down in expectation of more from the next dealer.

It's interesting to see how when negotiating a price people always add a few grand onto their ideal price. When finally revealing to the dealer what they want to receive for their item they always seem to expect the dealer to offer slightly less which would bring them to their target price.

Normally the dealer offers a lot less and then the seller looks stumped.
  • jonny_trousers
    jonny_trousers Posts: 3,588
    Quality telly! Brings out the greedy b@stard in people.
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    Yeah its great viewing
  • Not an exact comparison but I prefer American Pickers.
    Giant Escape M1....
    Penny Farthing
    Unicycle
    The bike the Goodies rode
    Pogo Stick
    Donkey on Roller skates.......OK I'm lying, but I am down to one bike right now and I feel bad about it,
  • mr_poll
    mr_poll Posts: 1,547
    Yep it's great by rights it should be terrible but its strangely addictive, love seeing people getting greedy and then going to a final room and getting a naff offer.

- and the host is quite tasty too