Pressure range for 700x32C tyre

danielsbrewer
danielsbrewer Posts: 123
edited July 2011 in Commuting general
I recently brought a pair of 32C Michelin Pilot Sport Road tyres (http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=32825) for a Kona Jake. Normally I would judge what pressure to fill them by the range of pressures indicated on the side of the tyre but these tyres don't seem to have such markings. This is the first time I have had 32C tyres so I am very unsure as to the pressure I should or can fill them too. Any suggestions would be great. At the moment I have filled them to 6 bar (87 PSI) to be on the safe side.

Comments

• I run at the limit on mine which is 100psi as i am tubby LOL get more squish
    Not that bad but bad enough for me
    Route1.jpg
  • AidanR
    AidanR Posts: 1,142
    Depending on your weight I wouldn't bother having them much above 80 psi. What's the point in having fat tyres if you don't run them at a more comfortable pressure?
    Bike lover and part-time cyclist.
  • Avenarius
    Avenarius Posts: 2
    I have just moved from 28c (120psi and very harsh on nasty central London roads) to 32c Schwalbe Marathon Supremes. They recommend 95psi as an upper limit, but being slightly on the lardy side I keep them at 95 front and 100 rear. They are, at those pressures, both grippy and vastly more comfortable than the 28s were.
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    with the full 25mm Marathon pluses, I run them quite soft, sub 60PSI front and 80PSI rear, i'm just shy of 13 stone I carry over night gear and bits and bobs.

in other words try it and see how it goes.
  • Thanks for the replies, especially the links. That is really helpful.