2011 Cannondale Supersix Hi-Mod Red

shockabuku
shockabuku Posts: 19
edited August 2011 in Your road bikes
Just picked this up last week. My first new road bike in 12 years (mainly been riding/racing off-road). I can't believe how fast this thing is, and yet really quite comfortable over the 100 miles I've done so far. I'll probably put some new wheels on there at some point...to keep with the USA theme I'm thinking of AC 420 Aero 3s perhaps

supersix_new.jpg

261592_10150216502856910_606701909_7658410_5628321_n.jpg

267749_10150216502816910_606701909_7658409_996808_n.jpg

263177_10150216502736910_606701909_7658407_3726460_n.jpg

Frame: 2011 Cannondale Supersix Hi-Mod (54)
Forks: Cannondale Super Six HiMod Full Carbon
Bars: FSA SL-K Compact
Stem: FSA SLK
Headset: Cannondale Super Six 1.1/8-1.5

Front Brake Lever: Sram Red
Front Caliper: Sram Red
Rear Brake Lever: Sram Red
Rear Caliper: Sram Red

Shifters: Sram Red
Cables: Gore Ride-On
Front Mech: Sram Red
Rear Mech: Sram Red

Seat: Fi'zi:k Antares
Seat Post: FSA K-Force Carbon SP-RK-160

Cranks: Sram Red w/Cannondale graphics
Chainring(s): Sram Red
Chain: Sram PC-1070
Cassette: Sram PG10-70
Pedals: TIME Atac XS
Bottom Bracket: Sram Red BB30

Front Wheel: Mavic Ksyrium Elite
Tire: Schwalbe Ultremo ZX 700x23c

Back Wheel: Mavic Ksyrium Elite
Tire: Schwalbe Ultremo ZX 700x23c

Weight: 14lbs 12oz (without pedals/cages)

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Very nice. :D
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,804
    Stunner :-)
  • hairyleg
    hairyleg Posts: 134
    very nice :D
    This is not a race!!!!But I'm winning
    Canyon cf
    Cannondale caadx 9
  • FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    Very beautiful combo of modern black and white. Really nicely executed.

That crank is gorgeous! I always wanted the carbo or alu 130mm BCD one.

I never liked the seatclamp on the SLK post - it's very clunky looking. 3T and Campy make nice layback posts but both would not fit in on the bike with your components and stem etc.

How does it ride compared to what you had before?
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • shockabuku
    Thanks guys. To be honest, I don't have much to compare it with. I've been riding a titanium 29er singlespeed mountain bike for a while now, so a slightly different proposition! The Supersix certainly blows away my old 1998 Giant TCR2, but that's rather to be expected :lol: . This one is definitely way faster than I am, so I'll never be able to blame the bike. Crucially, I wanted something that would also be comfortable for long rides (6+ hours), and this appears to tick that box whilst still feeling like a race bike. I have to say though, the matt white finish on the frame is without a doubt the hardest to keep clean of any bike I've owned in the past 15+ years. It seems to hang on to grime which can't even be scrubbed off with an alcohol wipe. Bizarre, and a bit of a bummer considering I'm planning on using this all year 'round. Oh well, it's a bike not an ornament I guess!
  • FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    I know what you mean, since a matt finish by definition means a rough finish, there's lots of knooks and crannies for the dirt to stick in.
    WD40 is a great solvent to get rid of the dirt, then just take some auto wax like Turtlewax etc. and wax the matt bits. The wax fills out the valleys and smooths the surface making it harder for the dirt to stick.
    Other obsessive people have taken some t-cut and smoothed out the paintitself to remove the valleys that traps the dirt.

I took the wax approach to a matt painted MTB (looked great new) I once had.
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • shockabuku
    ooh good call. /Trundles off to the garage to find the Meguires wax....
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Very nice. Did you get the weight from weighing it yourself?
  • shockabuku
    Very nice. Did you get the weight from weighing it yourself?

I weighed it without pedals but with the cages attached...then subtracted the manufacturer's listed weight for the cages, so should be there or thereabouts.
  • rjh299
    rjh299 Posts: 721
    Very nice, my brother's got the same. He bought some Shimano Dura Ace 50mm wheels for it and they really set it off. Black and white decals with red spoke nipples tie in nicely.
  • very nice indeed
  • shockabuku
    yeah those Dura Ace wheels would look great. Once I've recovered from the expense of buying the bike then I'll definitely be looking at another set of wheels. First club run out on this (or any!) bike tomorrow. Hope I survive!
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 18,049
    Very nice ... but then I am biased. BTW, don't they recommend that on carbon frames the tightening bit of the seatpost clamp should be the opposite side from the slot, i.e., at the front (not at the back, as in your photo)?
  • Nairnster
    Nairnster Posts: 602
    fook me thats nice. Everything co-ordinates very nicely. Cant beat black and white as a combo really.

It just 'looks' fast :)