A new smoking related disease

SimonAH
SimonAH Posts: 3,730
edited July 2011 in Commuting chat
Hot sun on a Zippo and a gust of wind. I just burnt off a good chunk of moustache. :shock:
FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,776
    Zippos are supposed to be windproof aren't they? You'd have been ok if you'd used a crappy Bic lighter or similar.
    Hope it only burnt the 'tache.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Windproof means they light on a windy day FGS, as the flame comes well out the top of the windguard how will it prevent that - Jeez......

"HM Government warning, smoking can seriously damage your 'tash"

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    When I smoked I used to love my Zippo, I loved the smell of petrol/paraffin or whatever the fuel is. Some people claimed that lighting a cig with a Zippo enhanced the flavour...
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • mossychops
    mossychops Posts: 262
    When I smoked I used to love my Zippo, I loved the smell of petrol/paraffin or whatever the fuel is. Some people claimed that lighting a cig with a Zippo enhanced the flavour...

Enhanced flavour and coolness rating 8)

Don't fall into the trap of cutting both sides down to match, apparently Hitler taches are not in this year. I remember from my college years Turbo lighters actually work when you are on the bike and moving (although your smoke burns so quick it doesnt last very long)
  • SimonAH wrote:
    Hot sun on a Zippo and a gust of wind. I just burnt off a good chunk of moustache. :shock:

Quite a thing to imagine. I do hope your leather cap and shorts weren't affected :shock: :wink:
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem