'G' for yellow tomorrow?

tremayne
tremayne Posts: 378
edited July 2011 in Pro race
Could it be possible? Sky win team time trial and our G-Man goes yellow? Any thoughts - or have I got it all wrong? Just checking!

Comments

• graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    If they win, and record a time that's 6 seconds faster than Pharma-Lotto and 3 seconds faster than BMC then G will take the yellow jersey... right?
  • cogidubnus
    cogidubnus Posts: 860
    Yes he will as long as they beat Garmin as well.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Well - with several Sky riders all at 6 seconds back, wouldn't it go to the rider that crosses the finish line first? Or does it go on countback to today's stage?
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    Looks smart in White again for now:

tdf-2011-st1-geraint-thomas-white-1_2616945.jpg
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,206
    I assume it goes on today's placing but not certain. hopefully they will let cross the line first. Quite a short TTT may be good for Sky.
  • DaveL
    DaveL Posts: 188
    Yes goes back to today's placing

Dave
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Does depend on them doing a fast enough ride tomorrow - the other teams will be gunning for a jersey too.
  • Pokerface
    Well - I would think pretty much every team has a rider within 6 seconds of the Yellow Jersey - so whoever wins the TTT wins the jersey.

Some of the most likely candidates include Tony Martin (HTC), Evans (BMC), Kloden (Radio Shack), Gerdemann (Leopard-Trek), Vino (Astana), Thor (Garmin).

No Saxo Bank riders in the top 77 (6 seconds back) riders!

Garmin, HTC, Radio Shack, Sky all capable of doing a good TTT I would think. Maybe even Leopard-Trek if Cancellara does lots of pulling on the front.
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    How was your ride today, Colin?
  • Pokerface
    Tusher wrote:
    How was your ride today, Colin?

Absolutely superb!! Chilling in the hotel with my laptop now! And off to Canada on Tuesday for the World Cup....
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Good Luck!!
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    I can't get behind this nationalistic support of Mr Thomas. As far as I'm concerned, he's from Whitchurch, and that's a part of Cardiff that I can't support.

But what the hell...

COME ON GERAINT!!!
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Is G "British" today, but will revert to Welsh if he Doesn't take yellow?
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    Would you like some salt and vinegar for that chip?
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Would you like some salt and vinegar for that chip?

Hey, if it works for Andy Murray :wink:

I like G anyway, seems a good lad.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Abdoujaparov
    Abdoujaparov Posts: 642
    To win today's stage:

Garmin 11/5
    HTC 3/1
    Radioshack 4/1
    Leopard 17/2
    Sky 12/1
    Any other team 20/1

Those are the best available odds, excluding betting exchanges.

Had another look at the TT talent in those teams and the big three look really f*cking strong. Sky have their work cut out.
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    I think Garmin are justified favourites but I'm surprised at the huge difference in odds between HTC, Radioshack and Sky. There doesn't seem much between them in my opinion. I went with Sky in the PTP because they have three guys who will probably be top ten in the individual time trial and because in a few interviews before the Tour they mentioned the TTT straight away, so I just get the feeling they've really targeted this and will be well drilled. Not long before we find out.......
  • Shame for 'G', and that's two years in a row he must have gone to bed thinking 'what if' before being denied the chance to pull on yellow. But I won't be surprised if he does get to wear the jersey before he's done as a pro cyclist.