Cycle Center Indonesia - anyone heard of these guys?

Sambo59
Sambo59 Posts: 3
edited July 2011 in MTB general
Hi all,

Take a look at this website http://www.cycles-center.com/

There are bikes maybe a quarter of the UK retail price. Clearly this is to good to be true but as anyone heard of them? Whats the scam??

Cheers

Comments

• RevellRider
    RevellRider Posts: 1,794
    Sambo59 wrote:
    Whats the scam??

What do YOU think the scam is?
  • Sambo59
    Sambo59 Posts: 3
    What do YOU think the scam is?[/quote]

helpful- why do you think i asked?
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    This is like the 3rd thread on this same company in the last couple of days.

Quite simply you pick your bike, you have to pay by bank wire, then you never get a bike. It's not exactly rocket science.

I've been having some fun and games with them lately. Making like I intend on buying a bike, asking them if they can send me a size 94 and spec it with things like long stands and fallopian tubes.

Of course, they agree then start sending many many emails asking for payment.

Fun fun fun.
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Take your money out of the bank put it in a pile in the back garden pour lighter fluid over it and apply a match and then sit back and wait for your bike.

The result will be the same as sending these con artists money, never ever under any circumstances wire money to someone you dont know well and trust with your life. Wiring money is like putting it straight into there pocket there is no comeback if it all goes tits up. If they wont accept credit cards you have to ask why.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • RevellRider
    RevellRider Posts: 1,794
    Sambo59 wrote:
    What do YOU think the scam is?

helpful- why do you think i asked?

You said it's yourself, it's too good to be true. As the other replies have said, they take your money and you never hear of them again.

Oh, if you're interested. I know a guy in Nigeria who is the executor of a will and has $25,000,000 dollars for you. Just send him £2000 and your bank details