Worried about doggies? Pah!

Aggieboy
Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
edited July 2011 in The bottom bracket
Just got this skyped by a female friend in Canada, where they're building a house - :shock:

I think the Arrow lakes have seen enough Greek God to last a lifetime!!!!! No, this was even scarier - a BEAR as in monster huge thing with fangs and claws. I was sitting in the caravan working on the computer - the door was tied open as it was such a nice day. Simon was in town and Lucky was asleep over by the house. As i was typing away, a huge black bear appeared right next to the caravan. And I mean right next to it - it was actually brushing up against it. It stopped and looked in the door - god I was shitting myself! The bear spray was over the other side of the open door, some of our food was in a box opposite the door, the fridge (which doesn't work, so we keep it full of non-fridge type food and we keep the door propped open a bit to stop it getting stinky) was next to me, the breakfast dishes weren't done and were out on the side opposite me/the door and the dog food box was by the door. i didn't know what to do - it was definitely on its way in - i'd have been toast. You're supposed to talk calmly to it - i think I said holy shit, but it didn't make any difference. then, just as it had decided to come and eat everything in the caravan, Lucky came charging to the rescue. the bear turned and ran at Lucky and they met head-on about 5 or 6 feet away from the caravan door. shit. by this time, I'm up at the door yelling like a banchee. Lucky swerved (brilliant sidestep - England rugby could do with some lessons from him) and ran behind the bear and started to bite its backside. the bear turned to have a go at Lucky, but decided against it and ran off with Lucky biting at its heels. Lucky chased it to the boundary of our land and stood and barked for a bit, then came back and stood by the caravan barking, then when he was sure it had gone, came inside with me. i locked us in and we both stayed in there shaking for a while. Scary, scary stuff. Lucky can do no wrong now of course.
"There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."

Comments

• dilemna
    dilemna Posts: 2,187
    A lucky escape ........
    Life is like a roll of toilet paper; long and useful, but always ends at the wrong moment. Anon.
    Think how stupid the average person is.......
    half of them are even more stupid than you first thought.
  • graham.
    graham. Posts: 862
    "Bear spray"!... Love it. Must get some of that. Reminds me of Batman's Shark Repellant!
    Graham. :D
  • jellybellywmb
    jellybellywmb Posts: 1,379
    Saw one close up on a fly fishing trip in Canada, very very scary.
    "BEER" Proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    It gets me why so many people make the same mistakes with bears. The majority of the country can get along without problems, it's just the ones that don't follow the rules such as making sure the bear knows you're there and don't leave food around to attract them with the smell. A colleague when he worked in Canada was called out umpteen times by residents wanting him to shoot a bear that had broken into their cars, but he refused simply because they had left candy bars etc inside. The bear is just doing what comes naturally and scavanging. The people create the environment that attracts them and the bear ends up dead.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • bearfraser
    bearfraser Posts: 435
    And i thought it was the bears that shat in the woods!! :lol:
  • proto
    proto Posts: 1,483
    Bear? Pah!

Daughter in Tanzania recently, trotted off to the loo. Err ......

5902000043_1810d69360_o.jpg
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    proto wrote:
    Bear? Pah!

Daughter in Tanzania recently, trotted off to the loo. Err ......

5902000043_1810d69360_o.jpg

Notice it's the male asleep waiting. Another bloody long queue in the ladies.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."