Cant get into top largest ring! Also disc brake rubbing.

snowden_88
snowden_88 Posts: 174
edited July 2011 in MTB beginners
Yeh as above really

1. Iv got a Voodoo Bantu and done the black route today at Thetford Forest and that demanded more gears. I realized that I couldn't get into my largest chain ring at the front. (excuse my newb description, terminology is beyond me!). Left gears, wont go high! Is that better?

I imagine a few of you will say "Your gears aren't set up correctly", so how do I do this then?

Or is it something different?

Also,

2. I done about 2 miles and then noticed that every 3rd or 4th resolution of the front wheel, I would here the wheel rub the disc brake. I know the caliper is centered or it would rub every resolution, right?
"it's like a gift, you know? It's like I can't control it"

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Check Partools website, link in Nicklouse's sig (should be easy enough to find one of his posts)
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    1 it depends on why it would not go to the big ring. either cable tension or a stop screw needs winding out.

2 a bit of fork flex.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • snowden_88
    snowden_88 Posts: 174
    I got my Timber lads to look at the front mech.

Basically, Halfords screwed it up to tight so it would never shift far enough. Simple fix though. I think it is just fork flex, thats normal right?
    "it's like a gift, you know? It's like I can't control it"