Bag on your back or panniers

2»

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    I use panniers as I'm carrying about 5Kg of kit, when I meet the missus from work I have to lift it over a gate which is kinda difficult (total circa 15Kg but at least its CofG is under the seat tube so I lift it by that!) but otherwise it's fine, I can stand up on the pedals uphill and bunny hop just fine, wouldn't want to sprint like Cav' with the bike being flung around though......

Great for a pschological SCR benefit, being passed by something with full panniers must really hurt......

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • I have tried both on my 8 mile commute and i prefer panniers.

I leave myself enough time to get to work and like a comfortable ride. There isnt much difference between my times maybe 1-2 minutes but for comfort its got to be panniers.

That being said i have a "work" bike its used for nothing else, and the times i used a rucksack was on my road bike which i would never put a rack on, same with my mountain bike.