Radio Shack Extends with Nissan and Trek for two more years!

Doobz
Doobz Posts: 2,800
edited July 2011 in Pro race
From the hog himself.. Maybe this is the good news Mr. Armstrong was going on about..
Even before the Tour has started, I have some GREAT NEWS for you. RadioShack, Nissan and Trek have all renewed their sponsorships for TWO additional years!! The riders and staff are extremely grateful for the support we have received from these companies (and our other sponsors). And we are glad that they find tremendous value in partnering with our team. It's nice for us all to go into the Tour knowing we have this support and can focus on the race!
cartoon.jpg

Comments

• cogidubnus
    cogidubnus Posts: 860
    yay :(
  • Doobz wrote:
    From the hog himself.. Maybe this is the good news Mr. Armstrong was going on about..
    Even before the Tour has started, I have some GREAT NEWS for you. RadioShack, Nissan and Trek have all renewed their sponsorships for TWO additional years!! The riders and staff are extremely grateful for the support we have received from these companies (and our other sponsors). And we are glad that they find tremendous value in partnering with our team. It's nice for us all to go into the Tour knowing we have this support and can focus on the race!

Great. Another two years of oversized Nissan support SUVs. As a cyclist, their presence makes my blood boil.
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Where is the justice?

Bob Stapleton must be weeping into his gin right now.
  • I don't get some people on this forum, is this just a case of it been a bit of an anti Armstrong thing. Here we have 3 businesses that have just renewed their backing towards a team for another 2 years, how is this a bad thing.

or would people have just been happy to see another team fold.
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    I don't get some people on this forum, is this just a case of it been a bit of an anti Armstrong thing. Here we have 3 businesses that have just renewed their backing towards a team for another 2 years, how is this a bad thing.

or would people have just been happy to see another team fold.

I agree with you here cycling like many sports is crying out for sponsors to commit to the sport and here we have cycling fans bemoaning that very thing happening.................go figure eh !
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    Tusher wrote:
    Where is the justice?

Bob Stapleton must be weeping into his gin right now.

What does justice have to do with it ? this is business.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    If it's business, I still can't see how Radio Shack gets much from the deal. They get some coverage at the Tour of California but all those races in Europe don't really help.