I hate I tunes

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited July 2011 in The bottom bracket
Its is crap. I have just purchased Exile on main St, and now I tunes is telling me it cant play the songs as it cant locate the source of them.

Extra, double 5hit, thats what it is. :twisted:

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,181
    Yep totally agree - you pay for music and then they make it as hard as possible for you to use it on a non-Apple device :x
  • -spider-
    -spider- Posts: 2,548
    Agreed

-Spider-
  • Nik Cube
    Nik Cube Posts: 311
    Never had a major issue with it and have 200 gb's of music stored via iTunes
    Fcn 5
    Cube attempt 2010
  • balthazar
    balthazar Posts: 1,565
    Is it that terrible on a Windows PC? I've used it since 1.0 on Mac OS, and in that time it's moved between brilliant and revolutionary, to bloated, aimless and sort-of-annoying (now), but it still works ok in a jack-of-all kind of way.

It annoys me mainly for presenting a peculiar blind spot to Apple's magnificent "minimalist knife": where they characteristically sever features from software for the sake of clarity, "Fatty" iTunes feels apart from the flock... dare I say it, like a Windows application. But there's nothing about it that I particularly hate, on Mac OS at least.
  • mr_poll
    mr_poll Posts: 1,547
    Get Spotify much better interface and a better way to consume music IMHO
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    iTunes is fine
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • lemoncurd
    lemoncurd Posts: 1,428
    itunes is shite,

Hard to believe that such a wealthy company famed for producing gadgets that are easy to use can release such an awful application.

It should be flawless and awesome but it's not.
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    It's only OK if you use it as Apple intend. Technological determinism.
    What Apple fail to grasp is that social shaping takes technology and makes it fit around the needs of the users. Apple lock down everything tight so you can't use it as you see fit.

Impressive gadgets but Itunes is pants. Mrs is always effin at me when she can't make it do what she wants. I always calmly point out that I turned my back on Itunes 5 years ago because I hated it and I am not going to slave over the computer sorting it out for her because she thinks Apple are just great and won't use some proper software.
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    What's I tunes?
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    dmclite wrote:
    Its is crap. I have just purchased Exile on main St, and now I tunes is telling me it cant play the songs as it cant locate the source of them.

What's the problem?

File -> Add to Library -> Select the folder you have the music in -> Choose. Done.

You do know where you put your music? If not, search for Exile on Main Street.
    I don't see how it could be any easier.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • Anonymous
    daviesee wrote:
    dmclite wrote:

What's the problem?

File -> Add to Library -> Select the folder you have the music in -> Choose. Done.

Yeah, done that when copied into itunes, but now it won't let me play as it "cannot locate original source", Its done this loads of times, I have loads of individual songs that I cannot access and no way of sorting out. Just really fustrating and unworkable. :cry:
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    dmclite wrote:
    daviesee wrote:
    dmclite wrote:

What's the problem?

Yeah, done that when copied into itunes, but now it won't let me play as it "cannot locate original source", Its done this loads of times, I have loads of individual songs that I cannot access and no way of sorting out. Just really fustrating and unworkable. :cry:

If you right click the track and select Get Info the last line is the directory where iTunes is looking for the track. Have a look in there, you may have dropped it into another folder or something.

And ah heres a thought, have you stored the music on an external hard drive, only when you turn your comp on a pc will dynamically give your HD a letter. So if you store your music on external hd D:, when you turn your comp off and on again it may be assigned letter E: but iTunes will still be looking for a non existent D drive.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Anonymous
    dmclite wrote:
    daviesee wrote:
    dmclite wrote:

What's the problem?

If you right click the track and select Get Info the last line is the directory where iTunes is looking for the track. Have a look in there, you may have dropped it into another folder or something.

And ah heres a thought, have you stored the music on an external hard drive, only when you turn your comp on a pc will dynamically give your HD a letter. So if you store your music on external hd D:, when you turn your comp off and on again it may be assigned letter E: but iTunes will still be looking for a non existent D drive.

OOh, fanx for the heads up, see what I can o... :)
  • fast as fupp
    fast as fupp Posts: 2,277
    i think its marvellous! i have all my films and tv series on my imac and stream them to my telly via apple tv

FAULTLESS! :D
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    I use Songbird and Spotify.