lourdes to argeles zagost by bus?

whoof
whoof Posts: 756
edited August 2011 in Tour & expedition
I am planning to fly to Toulouse and then get the train to Lourdes. I then need to get to Argeles Zagost. I will have a road bike in a bag and a holdall. Had anyone used the bus between Lourdes and Argeles Zagost and will they take my bike?

Comments

• shawman
    shawman Posts: 76
    Have never used the bus so can't answer.

This is the website of the bus company.
    http://www.transports-maligne.fr/
  • whoof
    Thanks I had found the bus website and the timetable for route 2. I'll have to brush up on my French a bit more to read the regualtions regarding velos.
  • whoof
    For anyone else inerested this is the translated regulation (using one of those online things).
    4 Luggage It is forbidden to travel with sickening objects, inflammables, toxic or dangerous. The transportation of the bicycles is not authorized in the holds. The luggage, go-carts, shopping carts not being able to be to have concerned the knees during the trip, must be signaled to the driver. This one proceeds then to the opening of the holds in order to allow the traveler of there to deposit its luggage. The users, at the time of the descent, must recall to the driver that they have luggage to recover in the holds. The opening and the closing of the holds remains of the responsibility of the driver. The responsibility of the carrier and organizer cannot be engaged in case of degradation, of loss or of flight of transported luggage in the holds of the bus. On the served lines by minibus or minicars, the users can have only a small luggage or race basket.

I'll make sure that I signal to the driver that I have knees and prepare my race basket.
  • lemon63
    lemon63 Posts: 253
    Why not jump in a taxi, that is what we did last year. There's a taxi rank outside the station at Lourdes, 2 of us with bike bags got into an estate taxi quite easilly.
  • whoof
    thanks good to know that there may be taxis big enough for a couple of bikes.
  • APIII
    APIII Posts: 2,010
    If there don't happen to be any taxis at the station you can call a guy named David on 0681 890988 from 'Taxi David Lourdes'! We used him for the transfer to/from Lourdes airport this weekend (2 bike bags plus luggage)
  • mz__jo
    mz__jo Posts: 398
    I confirm the translation of the relavent line. It is quite clear, bicycles are not allowed in the boot (or trunk or hold or whatever else it is called). I would have expected them to be allowed in boxes or bags but apparently that option is not considered..
  • rc856
    rc856 Posts: 1,144
    Are you staying in Argeles?
    Was in the area last month. Lovely part of the world and a great base for cycling.
  • There is a wonderful cyclepath - following the route of an old railway, from just outside Lourdes.http://www.jeremytaylor.eu/gavarnie.htm It is popular with cyclists and inline skaters. Lourdes to AG would be a very easy start to a tour.