rear wheel spokes loose

loudanfast
loudanfast Posts: 7
edited July 2011 in Road beginners
i have had my Bianchi Via Nerone Xenon bike for four months now and its great for me. the wheels are Mach 1 VERSUS and recently one of the spoke nipples came off and the spoke was loose. I replaced the nipple and checked the other spokes to which i found half the spokes were loose and the nipples only finger tight. i tightend them up with a spoke spanner and everything was seemed fine until i went for a ride last night when about 10 miles in i heard a some rattling.I checked the rear wheel again and found the spokes to be loose again i retighted them and checked when i got home and there loose again. should they be loctited on to stop them coming undone or is this wheel just not upto the job.
while i know they are only cheep mass produced wheels I have no confidence for my own safty in the wheel, so i have been looking at replacing them with a pair of Mavic Ksyrium Equipe wheels a an upgrade as most of my rides a hilly climbes and these fit my budget.
anu help or opinions greatly recieved

cheers andy

Comments

• did you get the bike locally or from the LBS?

Might be covered if the fault is with the wheel, which it sounds like it might be. Thinking perhaps the holes in the rim might be a hairline too wide!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,517
    sounds like the wheel was not properly built, i would take it back to where you bought it

if it is too far, or online and you don't want to lose the bike for ages, then any decent lbs will be able to rebuild the wheel, shouldn't cost too much
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Get the wheel rebuilt at your LBS: if you don't tighten them enough they'll just keep coming undone.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..