Some thing to aspire to,

bamba
bamba Posts: 856
edited July 2011 in MTB general

Comments

• toasty
    toasty Posts: 2,598
    Love the way he rides the big loose rocky downhill bits, more in the air than on the ground, awesome vid :D
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    excellent vid, those DH trails at the start look like my kinda trails, steep loose as fook and look immense fun 8)
  • He like to bounce doesn't he :lol:

Good video though!
  • dot1
    dot1 Posts: 538
    Haha, I love the bit when everyone is walking along the rock path, and he just goes barrelling past them all!
    Trek Remedy 7 2009
    viewtopic.php?t=12634629

Boardman Pro Singlespeed - Sold
    viewtopic.php?t=12752297&highlight=

Giant Defy 5 2012
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Just watched the first minute of the first one.... erm. Am I missing something?
    Looks to be riding a big DH rig on some smooth descents.
  • bamba
    Your obviously better than him and dont need to watch :lol:
  • Anonymous
    Well, he's a good rider, he flows well, but I don't get the fawning comments.
    The trails don't look particularly interesting, especially the first minute (the rocky bits later on look better), and the dialog (talky bit) comes from predominantly left of centre.
    It's "just another video", frankly.
  • andy46
    andy46 Posts: 1,666
    I like it 8)
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

2015 Specialized Roubaix Sport sl4

2014 Specialized Allez Sport
  • Welsh_Tom
    Welsh_Tom Posts: 571
    He like to bounce doesn't he :lol:

Good video though!

i have never seen anyone bounceing down a hill like that, but it looks like it works so why not :lol:
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    Not my thing, not sure why.
  • bike-a-swan
    bike-a-swan Posts: 1,235
    OP, do you know the monkyspoon guys? Mate of mine from uni used to ride with them.
    Rock Lobster 853, Trek 1200 and a very old, tired and loved Apollo Javelin.
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    dot1 wrote:
    Haha, I love the bit when everyone is walking along the rock path, and he just goes barrelling past them all!

And I bet those that were struggling down that hill didn't suddenly think when they saw him ride past.. "Ah ok so with a bit of speed and a half decent line you can actually get down this hill easily".
  • Tutterz
    Tutterz Posts: 27
    Just watched the first minute of the first one.... erm. Am I missing something?
    Looks to be riding a big DH rig on some smooth descents.

I like the video (way it's been shot and the way the rider himself actually rides) but I do agree he doesn't need a bike of that caliber to ride the stuff he was riding in that, despite the obvious talent he has, he could do the same on something less tame just as well atleast..
    It kind of reminds me of a portion of videos on pinkbike (although the riders in those videos im thinking of are also generally bad) they have a huge down hill rig and yet only ride them off 2 ft drops and surfaces smoother than a leather nut cup!
  • bamba
    OP, do you know the monkyspoon guys? Mate of mine from uni used to ride with them.

no , dont know them. Just watched a lot of there stuff an find there site good, its mostly where i ride .
    Yes , agree'd his bike is a overkill, but if your in the dh world cup and your sponsor give you bikes to try out you'd ride it too.
    The first wooded area is a cheeky trail.the rocky stuff is blackley hey , i think. An alternative descent to the beast if you know the area.
  • Anonymous
    He also rides a trail bike, in the same vid.