Cleaning grease/oil and swet from sunglasses

mikeyj28
mikeyj28 Posts: 754
edited July 2011 in MTB general
Hi all

What is the best way to clean grease/oil bits and sweat from glasses? Will a squirt of fairy liquid work with some water or am i best to soak them?

My lenses have fogged pretty badly and have smears all over them from oil or sweat that just wont shift with a rub on my jersey or gloves etc.
Constantly trying to upgrade my parts.It is a long road ahead as things are so expensive for little gain. n+1 is always the principle in my mind.

Comments

• getonyourbike
    getonyourbike Posts: 2,648
    washing up liquid works well. To stop them fogging up, put some candle wax on them and then buff it up. Works wonders.
  • u05harrisb
    u05harrisb Posts: 531
    i spray my glasses with water and muck off when cleaning my bike. works best i think, i get mud and stuff caught in the gaps between the lenses and the frame alot.
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    I use Ajax window cleaner leaves them nice and sparkly and they dont seem to mist up as quickly.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • andy46
    andy46 Posts: 1,666
    washing up liquid works well, also a drop off cooking/olive oil buffed off will stop them from fogging up.
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

2015 Specialized Roubaix Sport sl4

2014 Specialized Allez Sport
  • mikeyj28
    mikeyj28 Posts: 754
    thanks guys.
    I'll give it a go after work tonight with washing up liquid and then buff them up with candle wax or a bit of olive oil (if i have any left)
    Constantly trying to upgrade my parts.It is a long road ahead as things are so expensive for little gain. n+1 is always the principle in my mind.