My head hurts....

ads2k
ads2k Posts: 135
edited July 2011 in Commuting general
Got stung by a bee on the way home last night :( Ouch....!!!

It decided it was going to get stuck between my head and helmet and then have a hissy fit when it realised it couldn't get out.

So am going to be adding some mesh to my lid if I can or if it looks really bad a new one will have to be ordered.

Anyone recommend a good helmet upto £50 with 'decent' built in insect mesh.

Comments

• KonaMike
    KonaMike Posts: 805
    I think most,if not all, Giro helmets have bug mesh,even the £25 Indicator has it !
  • KonaMike
    KonaMike Posts: 805
    Actually I just looked at the 2011 Indicator and there is no mention of bug mesh in the specs :oops:
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    So does mine. Too much London Pride last night.
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    Got a wasp stuck in the arm of my glasses when younger, they can't half sting when trapoed.
  • Bowden2017
    Bowden2017 Posts: 40
    Bee got stuck in my helmet last week and gave me a mighty big sting, and then today got stung on the lip. Not as painful as the head, maybe it was a wasp.
    Any top tips on how to avoid the flying beasts.
    Incidently I have a Giro Monza, no bug mesh.
    Cube Agree GTC SL
    Trek 1.2
    Old custom MTB
  • Blue Meanie
    Blue Meanie Posts: 495
    See... Helmets cause more damage than help! Proof I tell you... False sense of danger/protection...

Can I go on? Or does anyone need some popcorn?
    FCN16 - 1970 BSA Wayfarer

FCN4 - Fixie Inc
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    I've got a Giro Monza and 2 Giro Saros and none of them have meshes. I just wear a cycling cap underneath the helmet to protect my head from maurauding insects. A couple of weeks ago a bee got briefly stuck under my glasses arm but didn't sting and goty blown away quite quickly thank god...
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • peat
    peat Posts: 1,242
    Had a bumblebee (didn't see it, felt bumblebee sized) bounce off my lip and into my gob last night. Managed to spit it out almost instantly. What a way to go....
  • ads2k
    ads2k Posts: 135
    I was wearing a buff wrapped quite thinly on top of my head at the time and it didn't make any difference :evil: .

I do when out at the weekend wear a cotton cap underneath and have been ok so far. Thanks for the heads up Stanley222 on Spiuk :D off to have a look.
  • jawooga
    jawooga Posts: 530
    I got stung by a bee the other day

...20 pound for a jar of honey :roll: