Fizik Arione ....LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT !!!

2»

Comments

• andrewlwood
    andrewlwood Posts: 224
    edhornby wrote:
    - I find there's too much pressure on my perineum because I slide off the wing at the back onto the thin nose

my theory is that the arione works for a different shape of sit bones so if you like the spoon you wont like an arione

First, if you haven't already, do try very slight angle adjustments - lift the nose a degree or two. I fitted an Aliante a couple of weeks ago and initially it was a bit of a disaster; a few days of tweaking and I've found the sweet spot, and love it.

But you're right of course - saddles are completely personal. I've never had a comfy ride on a Selle saddle - but others swear by them. I liked my old Arione, and LOVE the Aliante.
  • andrewlwood
    edhornby wrote:
    - I find there's too much pressure on my perineum because I slide off the wing at the back onto the thin nose

my theory is that the arione works for a different shape of sit bones so if you like the spoon you wont like an arione

First, if you haven't already, do try very slight angle adjustments - lift the nose a degree or two. I fitted an Aliante a couple of weeks ago and initially it was a bit of a disaster; a few days of tweaking and I've found the sweet spot, and love it.

But you're right of course - saddles are completely personal. I've never had a comfy ride on a Selle saddle - but others swear by them. I liked my old Arione, and LOVE the Aliante.
  • andrewlwood
    edhornby wrote:

• macondo01
    macondo01 Posts: 706
    Yep like my Arione too. For my commute bike I bought a Planet X Super Team Saddle £24 http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/c/q/saddles and it feels much the same. Time will tell what the durability is like but I am very pleased, and if you're on a budget...
    "Let not the sands of time get in your lunch"

National Lampoon
  • warrenh123
    warrenh123 Posts: 18
    I had one of those Planet X saddles. The first time out the silver foil type lettering on the nose of the saddle started to peel off and shred the inner thigh of a brand new pair of £70 bib shorts!
    A good saddle in terms of comfort and materials for the price but watch out for that daft logo design.[/quote]
  • kev77
    kev77 Posts: 433
    I am just on my second fizik test saddle, put 30 mile on the aliante and it felt my ass was being split in two. Funnily enough though it looks better made than the antares, even though it is a cheaper saddle.

I have a antares now fitted so hoping to get out later, i am flexible though so am starting at the bottom and working my way up through the saddles till i find the correct one.
  • macondo01
    macondo01 Posts: 706
    edited July 2011
    Yikes! I will keep an eye on the logo. Shredding shorts would make it an expensive saddle.
    "Let not the sands of time get in your lunch"

National Lampoon
  • Ezy Rider
    Ezy Rider Posts: 415
    I did 70 miles yesterday on the arione kium which is black with red stripe, and to tell the truth my bum was a bit sore :oops: , its in used but as new mint as can be condition , if somebody paypal gifted me £50 delivered , ill post it out to you.

its a racing saddle through and through, no doubt about that.

send me a pm if you want it.
  • antfly
    antfly Posts: 3,276
    An Arione copy is not the same as an Arione, obviously.
    Anyway, i've had Ariones for a few years but thought I would try a Romin Sl after the rave reviews. The awful discomfort of the Romin made me appreciate the Arione a lot more, it's luxury in comparison and I won't bother looking at other saddles anymore. For those worried about their bollocks they do one with a groove now.
    Smarter than the average bear.
  • antfly
    Ezy Rider wrote:
    I did 70 miles yesterday on the arione kium which is black with red stripe, and to tell the truth my bum was a bit sore :oops: , its in used but as new mint as can be condition , if somebody paypal gifted me £50 delivered , ill post it out to you.

its a racing saddle through and through, no doubt about that.

send me a pm if you want it.

So you have gone from loving it to selling it in a few days....damn you're fickle.
  • Ezy Rider
    1st ride out was about 40 miles and it was no probs whatsover, sat ride was 70 miles and i gota admit that i was sore after it, you win some , you lose some I suppose. if anyone wants it for 50 quid delivered, let me know.
  • antfly
    Ezy Rider wrote:
    1st ride out was about 40 miles and it was no probs whatsover, sat ride was 70 miles and i gota admit that i was sore after it, you win some , you lose some I suppose. if anyone wants it for 50 quid delivered, let me know.

Perhaps you should give it more than 2 rides. I used to get discomfort on longer rides. When you get tired you put more weight on your tush, you might just need to get fitter.
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,828
    So you don't love it then at all really do you? :lol:
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • Ezy Rider
    if i stayed below say 50 miles, wouldnt be an issue, but miles 51 - 70 left me tender. then again, lots of riders swear by em and love them, cavendish digs his.
  • markmod
    markmod Posts: 501
    Arione is a short munching (wingflex wears holes in my shorts) ass crunching monster of saddle... Tis the seat of the devil I tell thee....

Now the Aliante.... Now we are talking... Now that is one comfy saddle! 70 miles + with no pain or numbness. They adorn all my bikes in various levels of spec.... All great for me! Note the 'for me' saddles have to be right for the individual.
  • kingrollo
    kingrollo Posts: 3,198
    Have you thought - it may be a bike fit issue - not specifically a saddle issue. ?