PBK with or without VAT Prices??

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited July 2011 in Road buying advice
Dunno if its just me but if you look I am finding some prices at PBK confusing I found a black "craft elite attack short sleeve cycling jersey" on the page in the listing below it says its £42.71 which I thought good price I would buy one.

But when you then click on it and add to basket it jumps to £51.25 as vat is added?

http://www.probikekit.com/uk/factfinder ... ing+jersey

Do you think it is confusing that some items display vat and some without in the listings??

Comments

• Rule74Please
    Rule74Please Posts: 307
    by LAW the must show price including tax
  • Wacky Racer
    Wacky Racer Posts: 638
    It seems that they only show the "tax" at the checkout. The price with vat is still good for that product, you will pay at least an extra £20 anywhere else.
    Ridley Orion
  • Anonymous
    Yeah just strange how some things have the vat on and some things dont for example look at the white elite attack jersey and that has the correct price on with vat included.

I contacted them to show this but they did not understand my point.
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    Something odd about the set-up of that jersey on their website
    - all the other products listed on that page show inc-VAT prices, this one has an ex-VAT price
    - but when you click into the individual product page it shows the inc-VAT price (before you add to your basket)

Report it to them...
  • Anonymous
    I have told them but they just did not understand my point, i started to think it was me going mad as they could just not see it.

Same happens with some other items & I just found it rather anoying!
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    I reported it.

Their reply
    hank you for your email.

We are aware there is an issue with vat and pricing on the site. We are currently trying to fix this issue.

It generally sorts itself out after midnight when the scan is run.

I apologise for the confusion.

Kind regards,

Jen
  • Anonymous
    Thats good then great site and company, I am glad they have spotted the problem now I maybe I did not point it out very well when I explaned it to them!
  • Anonymous
    Thats good then great site and company, I am glad they have spotted the problem now I maybe I did not point it out very well when I explaned it to them!