Cycling and Footy - Lower Abs sore

Graeme_aberdeen
Graeme_aberdeen Posts: 156
has anyone found that is playing footy (5s or 8 a side) and alternating days with medium sized rides (8km hilly stuff) that they are getting lower stomach muscle soreness?

any ideas why?

Cheers

G
I like bike, bike is bike.

Comments

• njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Because you're working the muscles...?

Do you mean 8km rides? If so I assume you've not been at it long/aren't that fit (without wishing to insult!), stick at it, it'll get easier and the muscles you use will get stronger!
  • njee20 wrote:
    Because you're working the muscles...?

Do you mean 8km rides? If so I assume you've not been at it long/aren't that fit (without wishing to insult!), stick at it, it'll get easier and the muscles you use will get stronger!

on and off for years i've been at it... just kinda started up again... I think it's because I may not have rested enough?

played 6a side high pace for an hour tuesday
    cycled to and from work 10km also
    went for a 2hr ride (500metre accent approx)

today sore lower stomach muscles....
    legs are ok though, a bit achey....
    I like bike, bike is bike.
  • nozzac
    nozzac Posts: 408
    has anyone found that is playing footy (5s or 8 a side) and alternating days with medium sized rides (8km hilly stuff) that they are getting lower stomach muscle soreness?

G

I would like to say I have the same situation but I alternate 11 a side footy with my medium sized rides of c.8km of hilly stuff....so I can't really comment! :wink: