House insurance

Growmac
Growmac Posts: 117
edited June 2011 in MTB general
Looking at our house insurance renewal, it's clear that our current insurers now have so many clauses in there that they would have no intention of paying out whatever happened.

So we need to change, and ideally, we'd like to change to someone that would also cover the 5 bikes in the household.

Anyone recommend any household insurers that will also cover decent (up to about £2k) bikes that are in the house? There must be some somewhere - separate bike cover costs a fortune.

Gord
1994 Clark Kent F12; 2004 Mount Vision; 2011 Canyon AM 7, 2012 Canyon Torque FRX 6, a unicycle and a Brompton.

Comments

• WisePranker
    WisePranker Posts: 823
    Marks and Spencer insurance always seems to be highly recommended on here.

They cover bikes without having to add them as extra items and you can add accidental damage and cover away from the home if you want to as well.
  • snowden_88
    snowden_88 Posts: 174
    Make sure you don't go with a broker. Pay the extra and go Direct.

I work for Aviva and used to hate it, then I worked for a broker and couldnt praise Aviva enough.

Trust me. 5 years Iv worked for them, They have the best claims team in the country. Hardly ever charge an admin fee for changes. No hidden charges. Brokers will charge you £25 just to change your name.
    "it's like a gift, you know? It's like I can't control it"
  • J@mesC
    J@mesC Posts: 129
    Direct Line also charge a heft admin fee for changing a name etc so it's not just brokers!

Just taken out an M&S policy, cover any bikes or other items up to £4000 and you can add named items over £4k. No requrements for specific locks - as long as the bike is secured they cover it. Hopefully never have to claim, but on paper the policy looks good...