Bike box (ideally to hire) for bike with ISP

keyser__soze
keyser__soze Posts: 2,067
edited June 2011 in Road buying advice
Hi

Going to take the Addict R1 to the Dolomites in September, and am flying into Venice. Can anyone recommend a bike box (and ideally somewhere London-ish to hire from) that will fit a 56cm frame with an ISP cut for approx 77cm bb to top of seat post? Don't want to use a bag or cardboard box as I don't like entrusting the bike to the luggage handlers and want the best protection.

Thanks

KS
"Mummy Mummy, when will I grow up?"
"Don't be silly son, you're a bloke, you'll never grow up"

Comments

• bikeboxonline.co.uk

brilliant service and the best boxes
  • Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    Bike box Alan

Do bigger boxes for ISP

Fab

(better than the above boxes - in build quality - and used by pros)
  • Ciclicasati
    Ciclicasati Posts: 740
    I rent out my bike box. One of these:
    http://www.roofbox.co.uk/bike-cases/

If you’re interested let me know dims from fork/rear drop outs to top of seat pillar vertically as it clamps to an internal metal frame.

Collection from N7 flexible pick up/drop off and no late fines!
  • keyser__soze
    keyser__soze Posts: 2,067
    Thanks. Will get the tape measure out.

As far as I could see bikeboxonline hire out the Bike Box Alan boxes anyway :?: Will drop them an email and see if they have an ISP-compatible box for hire.
    "Mummy Mummy, when will I grow up?"
    "Don't be silly son, you're a bloke, you'll never grow up"
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    You can always remove the chainset to reduce the effective top-to-bottom height of the frame.
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • Ciclicasati
    The metal frame inside clamps the forks and rear drop outs about 3 inches from the base of the box so chainset or no chainset thats the situation.

If anyone is thinking about a buying a box i can recommend them. They are big but its a breeze packing and unpacking. No pedal, bars or rear mech removal, just wheels off, seat down, bars round and clamp in place.
  • Ciclicasati
    The metal frame inside clamps the forks and rear drop outs about 3 inches from the base of the box so chainset or no chainset thats the situation.

If anyone is thinking about a buying a box i can recommend them. They are big but its a breeze packing and unpacking. No pedal, bars or rear mech removal, just wheels off, seat down, bars round and clamp in place.
  • fidbod
    fidbod Posts: 317
    Luciano cycles on Battersea rise hire out bike boxes for pretty reasonable rates.
  • Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    As far as I could see bikeboxonline hire out the Bike Box Alan boxes anyway :?:.

My bad -

mixed them up with a similarly spelt online box firm....

I used a bike box alan recently, and my isp was fine. The bike box alan company will talk you through it if you phone them - they fit all but the biggest isp frames
  • Pat Murray
    Pat Murray Posts: 95
    . seat down, bars round and clamp in place.

And with an ISP!!!!!
  • grahamcp
    grahamcp Posts: 323
    another possible option http://www.pod-it.co.uk/