Cannondale Synapse 105 for under a grand?????

dg74
dg74 Posts: 656
edited June 2011 in Road buying advice
Since when?

I've just seen this at a LBS and find it a great looking bike. Especially at £999!!!

Anyone got one of these? Are they similar to a Spesh Secteur or hugely different?

Really interested in this bike.

Comments

• keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Seems that's the going rate for both the Alu Synapse and the CAAD8 with 105 kit.

The Alu Synapse is the rough equivalent of the Secteur (more upright, sportive type) CAAD 8 is the rough equivalent of the Allez (racier)
    Carbon Synapse is roughly equivalent to the Roubaix.

In each case I'd have the Cannondale in preference to the Specialized

Alu Synapse has clearance / mountings for proper mudguards, which for me makes it even more of a do-it-all bike
  • chiark
    chiark Posts: 335
    Since when? since that's rrp! :D .
    Anyone got one? Yes! me! And others!
    999? I got a better deal with some interest free, 105 pedals and R086 shoes...

I have one, as I might have mentioned a few times on this forum. So far, I'm loving it but being honest I'd probably advocate anything I'd bought seeing as I've been riding a mountain bike for years.

It's comfortable, it's fast, it's lively and it's getting me into road biking. I rode it against the CAAD8 and preferred it in the right size... I test rode a CAAD8 54 against Synapse54 and preferred the CAAD, but then preferred the 56 Synapse over that and the 56 CAAD8.

Downsides? None of the bike so far, just be being out of condition :) . That is changing - slowly.

Plenty of other bikes at this pricepoint... but if you want a good all-rounder, it's not a bad choice whatsoever :)
    Synapse Alloy 105 / Rock Lobster Tig Team Sl
  • carbon337
    carbon337 Posts: 414
    A mate got the Synapse 105 for 850 on Friday - Start Fitness Newcastle had a 1 day 15% discount on. He was looking at one generally and happened to walk past the shop and seen discount so went in and ordered it.
  • Feetsocks
    Feetsocks Posts: 15
    I have an Alu Synapse 105. It is mostly used for my commute, but also weekend rides during the winter. The position is less racey and more upright which gives you good visability. It rides very well. Because it gets used for my commute it gets all the weather etc, but it hasn't missed a beat mechanically in 2 years. (It was purchased 2nd hand)