whitestar1
whitestar1 Posts: 530
edited June 2011 in Road buying advice
Looking at the following bikes:
11 Cdale Synapse
11 CDale CAAD8
11 Cube Attempt
11 Specialized Elite

Will be going through the C2W scheme and will hold unto the bike at the end of the agreement. I cant make my mind up which one. Ideas?
Ride Safe! Keep Safe!
Specialized Roubaix Comp 2017
Cube Agree Pro 2014
Triban 7 2013
RockRider 8.0 2011
http://www.whitestar1.co.uk

Comments

• chappers74
    chappers74 Posts: 15
    All great bikes, you'll not be disappointed with any of them. I've got the specialized secteur elite and am very happy with it.

As I'm sure many others will say, try 'em all and see which one is the most comfortable for you.
  • some are having problems with the stock wheels on the CAAD8 though
  • chiark
    chiark Posts: 335
    That was pretty much my shortlist, too. You will not be disappointed with any of them. I presume you're looking at the 105 CAAD8 or Synapse at £999 if you're considering the Cube Attempt?

Ended up with Synapse 105 on the grounds I rode it back to back against the CAAD8 and preferred it. The Cube was mightily tempting but I couldn't find a local dealer who would do a test ride... For some reason the Specialized Allez didn't float my boat as it seemed expensive for what it was - but with the new discounts and Edinburgh Bike Shop offering a further 15% off then I'd be sorely tempted!

All are good, all will make you happy: it's really up to you what you prefer, and the only way to find out is to ride 'em!

Enjoy!
    Synapse Alloy 105 / Rock Lobster Tig Team Sl
  • the_fuggler
    the_fuggler Posts: 1,228
    All those were on my shortlist and I ended up with the Synapse. Geometry and ride seemed the best to me for what I wanted (basically a sportive bike). Only other contender was the Genesis Equilibrium 10, which is a completely different bike, but no less fun for it.
    FCN 3 / 4
  • whitestar1
    whitestar1 Posts: 530
    chiark wrote:
    That was pretty much my shortlist, too. You will not be disappointed with any of them. I presume you're looking at the 105 CAAD8 or Synapse at £999 if you're considering the Cube Attempt?

Ended up with Synapse 105 on the grounds I rode it back to back against the CAAD8 and preferred it. The Cube was mightily tempting but I couldn't find a local dealer who would do a test ride... Enjoy!

Thanks for that! I really do like how the Cannondales look and I am leaning towards the Synapse 105. I really like the Cube too but can't have both. It will all come down to the test ride. Wondering were in Wolverhampton they will let me?
    Ride Safe! Keep Safe!
    Specialized Roubaix Comp 2017
    Cube Agree Pro 2014
    Triban 7 2013
    RockRider 8.0 2011
    http://www.whitestar1.co.uk
  • chiark
    chiark Posts: 335
    I (ab)used Evans demo facilities... I'm afraid that it's been 30 years since I lived in Tettenhall so I'm sort of out of touch with the area. Plus I was 6 when I left there :)
    Synapse Alloy 105 / Rock Lobster Tig Team Sl