what press fit BB?

supafly1982
supafly1982 Posts: 631
edited June 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
I have a cube reaction pro 2009/2010 its the red and white one with xt finnishing kit. i have tried and tried to find reviews and the sorts so i can find out what press fit bottom bracket i need.

Do any of you guys know what BB i need?

cheers
scott

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • supafly1982
    yup its shimano, its smashed to pieces and i need to find another one only o dont know which pushfit BB is for the reaction pro 2009/2010
  • nicklouse
    shimano. and measure. See link.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • supafly1982
    i see, meassure then add 2mm either side to get my BB?
  • supafly1982
    ok it came in at 89.5mm when i meassured the frame housing for the BB, so what on earth am, i supposed to do here?
  • nicklouse
  • supafly1982
    good man, thankyou :wink:
  • Levi_501
    Levi_501 Posts: 1,105
    TBH I have not had much joy with Shimano press fit BB.

This time, follwoing advise from another member, I bought and fitted a RWC ceramic jobbie.

Silky smooth.

http://www.enduroforkseals.com/id258.html

IIRC, there is a guy called Chris at RWC and if you tell him what frame you have along with the dimesions, he should be able to tell you which model you need.
  • supafly1982
    Levi_501 wrote:
    TBH I have not had much joy with Shimano press fit BB.

This time, follwoing advise from another member, I bought and fitted a RWC ceramic jobbie.

Silky smooth.

http://www.enduroforkseals.com/id258.html

IIRC, there is a guy called Chris at RWC and if you tell him what frame you have along with the dimesions, he should be able to tell you which model you need.

i ordered the shimano BB but if that goes pareshaped too i will look into the guys you suggested, thanks :)

can you tell me why you have not had much luck with the shimano BB?
  • Levi_501
    Levi_501 Posts: 1,105
    I think the bearings are not big enough.
  • rhialto
    rhialto Posts: 277
    I have been through a few pressfit BBs. The Shimano model seems to be poorly sealed, doesn't last long in the wet and is not built to be serviced, at least, I couldn't overhaul it without destroying the plastic casing. On the other hand, it is easy to fit and relatively cheap. I got one here in France for 20 euros!