Some photos from the Nationals

jswba
jswba Posts: 491
edited June 2011 in Pro race
Not professional quality, but they're the best I could do!

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 102fcd0cef

Comments

• dg74
    dg74 Posts: 656
    Brilliant weekend!

Was at the crits on Friday night - this event is getting bigger and bigger each year - amazing amount of people milling around and soaking up the atmosphere.

Saturday was a cracking ride out (even though I was 40 mins slower than my previous time!!!! I can't work it out at all) but overall, seeing the many hundreds of people before, during and after the Challenge was simply fantastic.

Couldn't make the Nationals on Sunday due to other commitments but the weather held up which either helped or hindered a lot of peope (bloody humid!).

Well done to all involved in organising the event - if you haven't done this ride yet - look into it for 2012 as you're missing a trick.
  • jswba
    Yeah, twas a fantastic weekend. Peter Harrison deserves a lot of credit!
  • Yorkman
    Yorkman Posts: 290
    My pics from the Ryals, with fury-face Russell Downing.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... bac143bba7
  • jswba
    Those are superb. chapeau
  • simon_e
    simon_e Posts: 1,706
    Thanks, lovely to see them. I particularly like Joe Street's podium shot of Brad, G and Pete (second to last in the album).
    Aspire not to have more, but to be more.
  • Buckled_Rims
    Buckled_Rims Posts: 1,648
    Excellent weekend in Geordieland. Great night out at the Crits on Friday and yesterdays Nationals was one of the best I've been to.

The gasps from the crowd when Team Sky decided to dominate was immense. I was on the Ryals and it was unbelievable how fast they pushed the pace up on the first lap. I've never seen good professional Elites broken so early.

Then, as I stood on the corner just past Wallridge on the first of the 4 small laps, we couldn't believe how hard Wiggo, G and Pete had broke from the leading pack.

I've never been a fan of Wiggins, and even thought his 4th in the TdF was a fluke, but I genuinely hope I'm wrong and he does well in this years TdF. I stood next to him just after the finish and he looked in magnificent condition. Gone are them emancipated photos that I saw of him last year, this year he's lean muscle and few bones.

Peter Kennaugh seemed to have done all the work and I hope he gets a much better result next year.
    CAAD9
    Kona Jake the Snake
    Merlin Malt 4
  • lancejambo
    lancejambo Posts: 147
    I've never been a fan of Wiggins, and even thought his 4th in the TdF was a fluke, but I genuinely hope I'm wrong and he does well in this years TdF

you cannot fluke 4th mate lol. glad your turning
  • acidstrato
    acidstrato Posts: 945
    Peter kennaugh - 4 consecutive podiums

its almost scary how good he will be in a few more years :shock:
    Crafted in Italy apparantly
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,597
    I like the one with the pundits on the podium
  • Buckled_Rims
    lancejambo wrote:
    I've never been a fan of Wiggins, and even thought his 4th in the TdF was a fluke, but I genuinely hope I'm wrong and he does well in this years TdF

you cannot fluke 4th mate lol. glad your turning

Years of experience in life shows you can fluke anything at anytime in any sport :wink:

I still can't believe how my lazy, dopey nephew has managed to pull an absolutely gorgeous Norwegian bird for a start!
    CAAD9
    Kona Jake the Snake
    Merlin Malt 4
  • jswba
    Nice video here by British Cycling:

http://vimeo.com/25670034
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,597
    Bradley Wiggins got out of the saddle on the climb? Has that ever happened since 2009?
  • cogidubnus
    cogidubnus Posts: 860
    He must be in form!
  • dg74
    dg74 Posts: 656
    Bradley Wiggins got out of the saddle on the climb? Has that ever happened since 2009?

That'll be The Ryals
  • Yorkman wrote:

Hope the comassaire didn't see that hand sling!!

Excellent vid from BC too, never seen a cycling video set to Joy Division before, but I enjoyed it!
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • Buckled_Rims
    There's a Wiggo shot of him out of the saddle (almost) on a very slight drag uphill. Do I get a prize for this rare event? :wink:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.110541722373453.20016.100002528772397&l=29d9106fc4

Sorry for the quality of the shots, they were taken on a mobile.
    CAAD9
    Kona Jake the Snake
    Merlin Malt 4
  • Yorkman
    Yorkman Posts: 290
    Yorkman wrote:

Hope the comassaire didn't see that hand sling!!

Excellent vid from BC too, never seen a cycling video set to Joy Division before, but I enjoyed it!

I've got the rest of the sequence of photos of cav as shown at the bottom right of the album.

Of course, he wasn't drafting off the BC car at all....
  • jswba wrote:
    Yeah, twas a fantastic weekend. Peter Harrison deserves a lot of credit!

Agree entirely. For those who don't know, Peter has only been out of hospital about a month, having spent 40 odd days in hospital after coming off on a descent in Spain. He was up and about all weekend, and in his usual high spirits despite being unable to walk unaided until couple of weeks ago.

It was a great weekend. From chatting to a few of the boys riding on Sunday, Sky absolutely ripped it in the cross wind on the first lap, and went up the Ryals at some ridiculous rate of knots. From the speed they were going I can only assume they had them flattened significantly for the race!
  • A great day i thought,the best race i have been to, in a great setting as well