Recommend me a BB JIS 68x122.5

The Rookie
The Rookie Posts: 27,812
edited June 2011 in Road buying advice
As per the title really, I need a 122.5 (or 122 or 123!) square taper (JIS) BB to fit my new crankset on my 1x9 commuter, so please recommend me somthing reasonable light (lighter than a UN54) and not to expensive (max about £25-30).

Simon
Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.

Comments

• desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    UN54 with the stickers taken off?

You might be able to find one of ye-olde adjustable cup jobbies from a LBS - that's probably lighter.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • The Rookie
    I have a cup and cone axle out of a retro 1990's gary fisher I can weigh up, but I'd prefer a modern cartridge jobby!

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Wappygixer
    Wappygixer Posts: 1,396
    As per the title really, I need a 122.5 (or 122 or 123!) square taper (JIS) BB to fit my new crankset on my 1x9 commuter, so please recommend me somthing reasonable light (lighter than a UN54) and not to expensive (max about £25-30).

Simon

UN54 isn't that heavy for the price range.If you want light weight you are going to have to up your budget considerably.
    If its your main commuter I'd stick with Shimano have have reliable seals at a good price.
    TA and Royce do titanium but several times your budget.
  • The Rookie
    The Royce is out of budget, as is the Specialities TA, however I've found a Neco that is About 3/4 the weight of a UN54.and a sensible price, ironically there is a cup and cone Dura-ace on ebay that is heavier then the UN54!

Simon