wheelies ebay store....denied replacement!!

Andrew_J_Heard
Andrew_J_Heard Posts: 119
edited June 2011 in The hub
hey all.

not one for ranting but here goes!!

bought an endura long sleeve base layer from Wheelies on their ebay store late last month. top arrived and all looked good to be honest but after the first use and first wash i noticed the stitching coming apart at the waist line.
i contacted wheelies and was given an address to return for them to sort it out. they recieved the item 10 days ago and have ignoredmy emails asking them whether i would get a refund or replacement. when 'I' phoned them i was told they wouldnt replace or refund the item as Endura had to look at the item first!!!

how ever "if it was a cheap brand we'd just give you another one" i was told.

so basically i have been denied a replacement or refund until THEY sort out THEIR issue with endura! surely they can see the fault for themselves, look after the customer and then chase Endura. why should i be in the middle of it.
are you telling me that if i had gone into the shop with the item and a shop receipt i would of been treated the same way? i bloody doubt it.

sorry rant over.......just incase anyone else gets hassle.
Cube Acid 2011

Comments

• redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Upto 28 days and most shops will sort themselves, over that it's back to the manufacturer.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • SEMERKHET
    SEMERKHET Posts: 3
    I agree if you had bought it at a shop and taken in back with receipt you would have been given a refund, exchange
  • MrChrisP
    MrChrisP Posts: 321
    Mention the Sale of goods act.

Most stores will cringe as soon as you mention it, especially if you look it up first and can quote a few lines. It basically tells you if the goods you bought are not fit for the use intended it is the retailer who has to refund you and then take it up with the manufacturer themselves.
    Kona Stinky Six
    Kona Scrap
    Scott YZ4
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    They have to sort it out within 'reasonable' time. Endura will want to look if the item has been washed incorrectly or anything. As long as this is done in reasonable time by the shop.

I would say 14 days is reasonable, anything past that I would be getting annoyed.
  • from the shop point of view, endura will be the ones that decide if its replacement or repair, not the shop, so what the shop will do is send it back to endura, they (endura) typically take around a week with repairs and send it back to the shop,
    would make no difference if you'd bought it in the shop or not, sequence of events is the same!
    however, what the lbs used to do is Replace it with an instock item the same if possible as a measure of goodwill, although, mainly shorts/jacket issue's, - only downside to this form the shops point is that if endura repair it then you have a used baselayer to do something with! nopt many peeps keen on buying used base layers!! no matter if worn once of a hundred times!!
    Timmo.
    After all, I am Cornish!
    http://cornwallmtb.kk5.org/
    Cotic Soul, The bike of Legends!:wink: Yes, I Am a bike tart!
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... 1#16297481
  • neninja
    neninja Posts: 424
    It took about 6 weeks for Endura to sort a pair of faulty shorts for me.

Given it's through Ebay just open a Paypal claim and get your money back that way.
  • sent them a stinking email yesterday and had an email back today stating they would refund :)

im all for supporting local bike shops etc and if it had been a major component that had broken i could perhaps see the reason for waiting on the manufacturers decision but at the end of the day we are talking about a single top that was obviously bought 3 weeks ago. plus it does not excuse their absolute lack of contact regarding the matter.

sad to say its one bike shop i will be dubious about using again
    Cube Acid 2011