formula rx rotors problem

dandelyon
dandelyon Posts: 145
edited June 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
back rotor has developed play, when I apply the brakes, the rotor stops but the wheel (hub) can move back and forth considerably. I tried to tighten the screwing ring that holds the rotor onto the otherside ring with the kind of rivets, but it's not working. Do I need to tighten harder? HELP please, thanks a lot.

Comments

• ricardo_smooth
    ricardo_smooth Posts: 1,281
    Again in English please. Pics would also help as descriptions of 'the otherside ring with the kind of rivets' isn't the best!
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Centrelock rotors?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    pads moving in the caliper?

where is the play?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • rhialto
    rhialto Posts: 277
    I had Formula K18's with Formula rotors that were fixed to XT hubs by means of a centrelock to 6 hole adaptor. The adaptor is fixed to the hub using a lockring that screws onto the hub. The lockring needs to be screwed down pretty tight (40 NM) using a cassette lockring tool, otherwise, yes, the wheel may develop some play even when the brakes are locked up.
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 145
    that's exactly what happened, I had it checked today and it needed a good 40 NM tightening, thanks to all of you guys for your replies!