SLX 10-speed rear mech adjustment issue

woodoffe
woodoffe Posts: 7
edited June 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi,

I'm putting together a new 1x10 build with all new kit (SLX/XT/c456 frame) but having trouble shifting across the full range of the 10-speed cassette using the 10 speed SLX shifter. I've adjusted the upper and lower screws to their full range and all the adjustments in between. It shifts up to the 34 nicely, but I can't get it to drop into the tenth sprocket (11 tooth). Cable tension is fine - not too tight, not too loose. I've tried the adjustment barrel and still no luck. Any ideas?

Comments

• rob.m
    rob.m Posts: 89
    Is it because your front chainring is in the wrong position? I run a 1 x 10 with no problems, the front chainring is mounted on the middle position on the spider. Another thing, the chain goes on one way only have you done this? Did you follow the instructions for the rear mech to the word i.e, lining up the rear mech jockey wheels just outside the 10th cog?
    Try these things buddy
    It's never too late to become what you might have been...........
  • Nutlog
    Nutlog Posts: 13
    I run SLX 10 speed and had no issues with set up. Perhaps just a bit of perseverance will sort any problems your having.
  • woodoffe
    woodoffe Posts: 7
    Yup, went away and had a break from the bike, came back in ten minutes and sorted it out - I close to bashing it with a hammer!