La Marmotte medical

canoas
canoas Posts: 307
My name now appears on sportcommunication website as registration. I also have a bib number my cycling tour company has emailed to me today.

I emailed a copy scan of my medical cert months ago to the cycling tour company. I have the PDF copy but not the original anymore, the cycling tour company say they recommend to bring the original certificate along when I pick up my bib. does anyone remember doing this?? Because I don't have my original copy anymore...... I'll need to get to the Doctor quick...what a hassle......or are the cycling tour company been over cautious.

Comments

• markwb79
    markwb79 Posts: 937
    How do you find your start time on the website?

I plan to take my doc's note with me when I get there

Thanks
    Mark
    Scott Addict 2011
    Giant TCR 2012
  • markwb79
    markwb79 Posts: 937
    PANIC!

My doctors note doesnt have a stamp on it, massive problem?
    Scott Addict 2011
    Giant TCR 2012
  • canoas
    shouldn't be a problem I would expect. I've been told by someone else a scanned copy of medical is good enough and I don't believe they ask for it anyway as you have already supplied them your medical to be registered beforehand and are already offically entered in the event.

Good luck, yeah have my bib number.
  • AndyRubio
    AndyRubio Posts: 880
    Fear not Marmotters. Yes you need to present a doctor's note when collecting your number but it's a bunch of overworked schoolkids who check them. You can simply write your own note, print it out and sign it with a squiggle, job done. Seriously.

PS I last did it in 2008, doubt it's changed since then.
  • maddog 2
    maddog 2 Posts: 8,114
    just don't look unwell when you do it :wink:

If they (Marmotte) have the emailed version of the cert then you're fine - check to see if there is confirmation of them receiving it.
    Facts are meaningless, you can use facts to prove anything that's remotely true! - Homer
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    I turned up to register today - showed them my certificate but they didn't seem to know what to do with it so I kept it. My timing chip works so all I have to do is managed to complete the ride.
  • canoas
    They didn't even ask for my certificate, just gave me my stuff.........worries for nothing!
    Great sportive.